Truckee Boy Scouts head to Jamboree
July 17, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Nevada Council Troop departs for the BSA Jamboree and a tour of historic sites near Washington, D.C.
Wulfe Retzlaff and Hunter Banovich are representing Truckee Troop 267. Thirty-five Scouts are attending from Northern Nevada, with 50,000 other Scouts from around the United States.
The BSA Jamboree is being held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in Mt. Hope, W.Va. This is the new, permanent site for future Jamborees, which are held every four years.
Trending In: Education
- Glass Half Full: Firm, fair and funny — that’s what our kids need from us
- Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide: Empowering you to help shape your community
- Glass Half Full: Too many white vans in Incline Village
- Teaching appreciation for lifelong gratitude at Lake Tahoe
- Excellence in Education: Giving back to local youth for 30 years
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Lake Tahoe food poisoning suspect faces more felony charges
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley