Truckee Boy Scouts head to Jamboree
July 17, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Nevada Council Troop departs for the BSA Jamboree and a tour of historic sites near Washington, D.C.
Wulfe Retzlaff and Hunter Banovich are representing Truckee Troop 267. Thirty-five Scouts are attending from Northern Nevada, with 50,000 other Scouts from around the United States.
The BSA Jamboree is being held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in Mt. Hope, W.Va. This is the new, permanent site for future Jamborees, which are held every four years.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Global education key to success at KB Elementary
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- Tahoe-Truckee school district to address ‘unprecedented number of snow days’
- Give Back Tahoe: Tahoe Truckee School of Music helps local kids
- Incline Cub Scouts hold annual Pinewood Derby to great success
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues