Truckee High School student earns Eagle rank
November 12, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Thor Retzlaff of Truckee Troop 267 earned his Eagle rank on Oct. 24, 2013. His final Board of Review was conducted by Kent Hanson, Ron Turner, and Simeon Vance of the Nevada Area Council.
Thor will have a Court of Honor in Truckee on Nov. 24, 2013. The rank of Eagle Scout is the highest honor earned by a Boy Scout and requires the completion of rank advancements, merit badges, an Eagle Scout Service Project, and the demonstration of Scout spirit, personal fitness, good character, and good citizenship in everyday life.
For his Eagle project, Thor led his Troop in building a trail, a bench, and a picnic table at Ella’s Lake for the Truckee Donner Land Trust. Thor, a senior at Truckee High School, joins his brother Stein as the latest Eagle Scout from Truckee Troop 267. The Troop is very active in the Truckee area with service projects, camping, hiking, biking, skiing, whitewater and other outdoor activities.
Visit http://truckee267.mytroop.us for information.
Trending In: Education
- Emptied Van Norden Reservoir gives students unique research opportunity
- Sierra Nevada College honors Truckee native Jason Paladino
- Truckee Tahoe Ex in Ed honors donors, 2016-17 award winners
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway