Truckee High School student earns Eagle rank
November 12, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Thor Retzlaff of Truckee Troop 267 earned his Eagle rank on Oct. 24, 2013. His final Board of Review was conducted by Kent Hanson, Ron Turner, and Simeon Vance of the Nevada Area Council.
Thor will have a Court of Honor in Truckee on Nov. 24, 2013. The rank of Eagle Scout is the highest honor earned by a Boy Scout and requires the completion of rank advancements, merit badges, an Eagle Scout Service Project, and the demonstration of Scout spirit, personal fitness, good character, and good citizenship in everyday life.
For his Eagle project, Thor led his Troop in building a trail, a bench, and a picnic table at Ella's Lake for the Truckee Donner Land Trust. Thor, a senior at Truckee High School, joins his brother Stein as the latest Eagle Scout from Truckee Troop 267. The Troop is very active in the Truckee area with service projects, camping, hiking, biking, skiing, whitewater and other outdoor activities.
Visit http://truckee267.mytroop.us for information.
Trending In: Education
- Principal’s Corner: Global education key to success at KB Elementary
- Tahoe-Truckee school admins recognized for leadership
- Snow days: Tahoe-Truckee schools face challenges when making the call
- 35th annual Incline High School crab feed set for Saturday
- Emiliano Morales takes Truckee Elementary Spelling Bee
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Some on West Shore may be without power into Saturday; others still out, too
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week