Truckee High School student earns Eagle rank
November 12, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Thor Retzlaff of Truckee Troop 267 earned his Eagle rank on Oct. 24, 2013. His final Board of Review was conducted by Kent Hanson, Ron Turner, and Simeon Vance of the Nevada Area Council.
Thor will have a Court of Honor in Truckee on Nov. 24, 2013. The rank of Eagle Scout is the highest honor earned by a Boy Scout and requires the completion of rank advancements, merit badges, an Eagle Scout Service Project, and the demonstration of Scout spirit, personal fitness, good character, and good citizenship in everyday life.
For his Eagle project, Thor led his Troop in building a trail, a bench, and a picnic table at Ella's Lake for the Truckee Donner Land Trust. Thor, a senior at Truckee High School, joins his brother Stein as the latest Eagle Scout from Truckee Troop 267. The Troop is very active in the Truckee area with service projects, camping, hiking, biking, skiing, whitewater and other outdoor activities.
Visit http://truckee267.mytroop.us for information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Education
- One elementary science teacher in Truckee was selected to study cutting-edge space exploration
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- Tahoe Expedition Academy names Mark Kushner as new CEO
- Young Incline scientists head to state regionals
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety
- New company creates a way for skiers to wear snowboard boots with skis
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas