Truckee’s Clever Minds receives WASC accreditation
March 20, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) has awarded accreditation to Clever Minds Educational Services in Truckee.
Accreditation by WASC allows students to take high school courses for credit at Clever Minds Educational Services. Designated by WASC as a supplementary education program, Clever Minds Educational Services offers students another option for instruction while staying enrolled in high school.
"With our WASC accreditation, students have a new way to achieve their academic goals," said Vicki Isacowitz, program director at Clever Minds Educational Services. "Clever Minds Educational Services has always offered students individualized instruction. As a supplementary education program, our students can earn high school credits while learning at our center."
This summer marks the first time students are eligible to earn high school credit for coursework in math at Clever Minds Educational Services. Students can get ahead or catch up so they may continue with course progression when they return to school at summer's end.
The WASC-accredited summer school at Clever Minds Educational Services meets June 24 to Aug. 22, 2013 for two hours per day, Monday through Thursday. The student-teacher ratio is 5:1. Experienced and credentialed teachers will provide thorough instruction. Students will leave summer school at Clever Minds Educational Services with a solid foundation and knowledge of concepts learned, 10 high school credits, and a grade earned through hard work.
Clever Minds Educational Services is a learning center in Truckee providing programs for students in kindergarten through 12th grade, including college students and adults. Since 2004 Clever Minds Educational Services has assisted more than 2,000 students in the Truckee-Tahoe area with individualized tutoring, test preparation, home-school instruction, academic support, and primary instruction for winter athletes. To find out more, visit http://www.cleverminds.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Education
- Give Back Tahoe: Family Resource Center of Truckee building community
- New nonprofit supports children who want to help animals in need
- Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village cuts 6 faculty members
- $55 million renovation project well underway at Truckee High
- 6 ways to winterize your Lake Tahoe home – IVGID Tip
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)
- Truckee takes 26-14 win over Spring Creek