Truckee’s Shane Fisher graduates basic military training
July 22, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Air Force Airman Shane A. Fisher graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills.
Airmen who complete basic training earn four credits toward an associate in applied science degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
Fisher is the son of Randy Fisher of Estates Drive, Truckee.
He is a 2011 graduate of Truckee High School.
Trending In: Education
- Students represent Tahoe-Truckee schools at Honor Band
- Principal’s Corner: Success at Sierra Expeditionary Learning School
- Chimney Beach field trip touts importance of Tahoe environment
- Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide: Making giving back a family affair
- Tahoe-Truckee Lib Loop: Bidding farewell to a great librarian
- Sierra history: The legacy of Donner Ski Ranch, an 80-year-old resort rebel
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee