Truckee’s Shane Fisher graduates basic military training
July 22, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Air Force Airman Shane A. Fisher graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills.
Airmen who complete basic training earn four credits toward an associate in applied science degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
Fisher is the son of Randy Fisher of Estates Drive, Truckee.
He is a 2011 graduate of Truckee High School.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Education
- Giant flying foxes and other facts about Lake Tahoe bats
- Eagle Scout project for SNC Tahoe bike repair station seeks funding
- Guiding your grief: Tahoe’s Kim Bateman explores how we can keep loving a person who’s no longer there (VIDEO)
- Tahoe Truckee school district honors teachers, employees of the year
- Celebrating homeschooling as a viable option in Incline Village
- Bark beetle infestation continues to threaten Tahoe-Truckee forests
- Shortage of construction workers in Nevada County reaching critical levels
- Incline Flume Trail received $130K grant for improvements, and is now open to the public
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Tahoe City company brings gourmet dining to the wilderness