Truckee’s Shane Fisher graduates basic military training
July 22, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Air Force Airman Shane A. Fisher graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills.
Airmen who complete basic training earn four credits toward an associate in applied science degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
Fisher is the son of Randy Fisher of Estates Drive, Truckee.
He is a 2011 graduate of Truckee High School.
Trending In: Education
- Emptied Van Norden Reservoir gives students unique research opportunity
- Sierra Nevada College honors Truckee native Jason Paladino
- Truckee native, SNC Tahoe grad Jason Paladino uncovers truth of troubled Navy program in wake of Brian Collins’ death
- Truckee Tahoe Ex in Ed honors donors, 2016-17 award winners
- Give Back Tahoe: Sierra Senior Services strives for senior success
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports