Washoe school board offers superintendent job back; Martinez to return Friday
August 4, 2014
RENO, Nev. — The Washoe County School Board is asking ousted Superintendent Pedro Martinez to return to his job.
The Reno Gazette-Journal first reported on its website Thursday that the board has agreed to void any action it took last week regarding Martinez's employment and wants him to return to work immediately.
Board President Barbara Clark said in a statement the "events and circumstances" surrounding last week's ouster "had more to do with attitude, demeanor and lack of cooperation than it did with certifications and diplomas."
Martinez has filed a lawsuit accusing the board of violating the state's open-meetings law. He says they fired him illegally in a dispute over whether he is a certified public accountant, which he says he is.
According to a report from KRNV News in Reno, Martinez returning to work "will not end the legal issues."
Trending In: Education
- $60K sought to send Incline High class to national competition in D.C.
- New site admin named to lead Incline High School
- Truckee High’s La Fuerza Latina program helps students reach potential
- Truckee, North Tahoe students participate in cadaver surgery at UNR
- $114 million in upgrades begin at Truckee-area schools
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- 250-unit apartment complex changes hands
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Resort occupancy drops for first time since 2011-12