We The People class focus of KNPB show Friday night
February 26, 2014
High school students learn in-depth lessons about American government and history through a program of study and competition called, "We the People: The Citizen & the Constitution."
In early February, the Incline High School We The People class bested seven Nevada schools en route to winning the state title. Incline will represent Nevada on April 25 at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va., in the national We The People competition.
The Incline students will be featured on "A Conversation," airing on KNPB, Reno's PBS Station, on Friday, Feb. 28, at 8:30 p.m., re-airing March 2 at 5:30 p.m.
According to the show's description at http://www.knpb.org, "host Brent Boynton tracks the progress of highly competitive Incline High School students as they drill and compete with the help of one of the program's original students and community volunteers."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Education
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)