2013 Best Of Truckee & North Tahoe contest kicks off Friday
May 1, 2013
Our residents and businesses are what make our communities thrive. So why not celebrate their achievements, as chosen by their peers?
Nominate your favorite businesses, places and people in the region in the 2013 Best of North Tahoe & Truckee online competition, brought to you by the Sierra Sun and North Lake Tahoe Bonanza.
This year, we have 80 different categories, under the grouping of Best People, Best Food and Drink, Best Business and Best Places/Events. You can nominate any person, place or business in the Truckee/North Tahoe area, including Incline Village and the West Shore.
As for nominations, we encourage honesty among our residents and readers — that means no multiple entries from the same IP addresses to get a leg up on the competition. We will closely monitor multiple votes coming in from one IP address — as well as instances of automated voting — and we reserve the right to disqualify any nominee if we feel there are abnormal patterns.
By being honest, it allows for the best possible results, and it also encourages local businesses to develop their own campaigns, especially through social media, to encourage residents to vote.
The nomination period begins the morning of Friday, April 26, and it ends at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 17. From there, we will tab up all the nominees, and those with the most entries in each respective category will be named Best Of for 2013. Winners and runners-up will be announced in a special section in late June.
Click here to access the contest and make your entries.
Questions? Email Kevin MacMillan, the managing editor of the Sun and Bonanza, at email@example.com.
Happy voting, Truckee/Tahoe.
Trending In: Local
- Cool cowboy: Longtime Tahoe trash service provider to retire soon
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens