3.16 earthquake reported Monday east of Lake Tahoe
July 8, 2014
CARSON CITY, Nev. — Nearly 100 Carson City residents reported feeling a 3.16 earthquake Monday afternoon centered in northern Eagle Valley.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the earthquake occurred at 5:16 p.m. about three miles north-northeast of Carson City. The quake was 4.3 miles underneath the surface.
Ten Incline Village residents reported feeling the earthquake.
A .1 magnitude earthquake occurred shortly after the large one.
The earthquake was felt as far away as Berkeley, Calif. For more information visit http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes
Nevada is the third most active state for earthquakes in the nation after Alaska and California.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway