3 hospitalized after head-on collision at Tahoe state line
Ryan Summerlin May 11, 2014
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — Three local residents were hospitalized following a head-on collision Tuesday morning near the California-Nevada border on Lake Tahoe’s North Shore.
A Honda CR-V and Toyota T100 collided on Highway 28 in front of Tahoe Inn when one vehicle crossed into the other lane at about 8:25 a.m., California Highway Patrol Officer Brandon Archer said at the scene.
Two males in the Toyota and one female in the Honda — all of Incline Village — had no visible injuries, Archer said, although all complained of pain.
The men were taken to Tahoe Forest Hospital in Truckee, while the woman was taken to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno.
The victims’ names are not being released at this time. The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Officials from CHP, Calfire, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, North Tahoe Fire Protection District and Placer County Sheriff responded.
Traffic was impacted for roughly an hour while officials cleaned up the scene.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- 3 adults rescued from Lake Tahoe after boat takes on water
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000