3 hospitalized after head-on collision at Tahoe state line
May 11, 2014
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — Three local residents were hospitalized following a head-on collision Tuesday morning near the California-Nevada border on Lake Tahoe’s North Shore.
A Honda CR-V and Toyota T100 collided on Highway 28 in front of Tahoe Inn when one vehicle crossed into the other lane at about 8:25 a.m., California Highway Patrol Officer Brandon Archer said at the scene.
Two males in the Toyota and one female in the Honda — all of Incline Village — had no visible injuries, Archer said, although all complained of pain.
The men were taken to Tahoe Forest Hospital in Truckee, while the woman was taken to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno.
The victims’ names are not being released at this time. The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Officials from CHP, Calfire, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, North Tahoe Fire Protection District and Placer County Sheriff responded.
Traffic was impacted for roughly an hour while officials cleaned up the scene.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway