3 hospitalized after head-on collision at Tahoe state line
May 11, 2014
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — Three local residents were hospitalized following a head-on collision Tuesday morning near the California-Nevada border on Lake Tahoe's North Shore.
A Honda CR-V and Toyota T100 collided on Highway 28 in front of Tahoe Inn when one vehicle crossed into the other lane at about 8:25 a.m., California Highway Patrol Officer Brandon Archer said at the scene.
Two males in the Toyota and one female in the Honda — all of Incline Village — had no visible injuries, Archer said, although all complained of pain.
The men were taken to Tahoe Forest Hospital in Truckee, while the woman was taken to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno.
The victims' names are not being released at this time. The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Officials from CHP, Calfire, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, North Tahoe Fire Protection District and Placer County Sheriff responded.
Traffic was impacted for roughly an hour while officials cleaned up the scene.
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie