Back to School | Excellence in Education | Support your child’s academic experience
August 20, 2014
The Excellence in Education Foundation welcomes you back to a new school year!
Hopefully you’ve enjoyed many days in the sun over your summer break and your kids are ready head back to a new classroom, a new teacher and maybe even a new school.
As we kick off the new school year, the Foundation encourages you to get involved in our local educational community. Information about Back to School nights at every TTUSD school site will soon be going home with your child.
Back to School nights are a great way to learn about what’s going on at school and find information about how to get involved with your school’s site council, PTO, VIPS or Boosters, sign up to be a field trip driver or volunteer to work one-on-one with kids in math and reading. Volunteering, even in a small way, is a great way to stay involved in your child’s education and make a positive impact.
Another great way to support our schools is to become a “Friend of Education” member.
This is an annual gift/membership, starting at $35 that goes directly into the Excellence in Education Foundation’s grant-giving fund. The membership also keeps participants up-to-date on the Foundation’s work and programs via regular newsletters and annual reports.
If you are looking for one last fun event to attend before school starts, be sure to check out our annual Martis Camp Home Tour on Sunday, Aug. 24, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. The tour showcases some of the spectacular architecture and design of select Martis Camp homes with proceeds going to support educational programs in the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District.
The Foundation’s popular Dining for Schools cards go on sale starting Sept. 1. They cost $50 each and entitle the card holder to 50 percent off an entrée at more than 40 participating restaurants during designated times throughout the school year. All proceeds from the sale of Dining for Schools cards go directly to funding classroom programs supported by the Excellence in Education Foundation. Cards will be available for purchase at Mountain Hardware, Safeway (Truckee and Kings Beach), Save Mart (Truckee and Tahoe City) and The Store in Tahoe City.
Tickets for the home tour and Dining for Schools cards can also be purchased online at http://www.ExinEd.org or by calling 530-550-7984.
The Excellence in Education Foundation is a nonprofit organization that was created to enhance public education within the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. Each year the Foundation fundraises and provides grants and resources to the teachers and staff of our school district. Last school year, the Foundation proudly contributed nearly $300,000 in grant funding to the classrooms and programs of TTUSD.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway