Back to School | Forest Charter School Truckee campus accommodates diverse student needs
August 20, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Forest Charter School is a WASC accredited public school that specializes in personalized learning, where the student, parents and a credentialed teacher work as a team to customize an educational plan for each student.
Since starting in 2002-03, Forest Charter School has grown to accommodate the diverse needs of students in grades K-12. Students have several academic options at the Truckee campus: home schooling/independent study, learning center classes for grades 7-12, offered Monday through Thursday, or a combination of the two.
Currently, there is a grade fifth- and sixth-grade site cooperative. Next year, the Truckee site will add a kindergarten/first-grade hybrid cooperative. In addition, students’ needs and interests can be met through tutoring, online courses, community and vendor provided classes, educational field trip and college courses.
One of the main reasons parents come to Forest Charter School is for support. A flexible schedule is offered to students so they may pursue the type of education that best fits their needs. Artists and athletes who have a rigorous schedule find personalized learning can benefit them. High-achieving students who want to learn at a faster pace or students who flourish with more personalized attention find a home at Forest Charter.
Forest Charter School is honored to be a part of the growth and success of high-quality public charter schools.
Personalized learning is the leading education delivery model to help guide students to be productive, successful citizens in order to meet the rapidly changing demands of the 21st century. For more information, call the Truckee site at 530-550-7205. The Truckee site is currently accepting students for the 2014-15 school year.
Janice Eggers is the Truckee Center coordinator/college and career advisor for Forest Charter School. Contact her at 530-550-7205 for more information.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes