Body of missing Truckee business owner, 49, found
August 12, 2014
TUESDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE:
The Placer County Sheriff's Office helicopter, Falcon 30, located Nunez's vehicle on Sunday at 11:35 a.m., in the Boca/Verdi Peak area of Nevada County.
According to a statement from PCSO, a coordinated effort between Placer and Nevada counties resulted in Nunez's body being located Monday in an area approximately 100 yards from his vehicle.
As of Tuesday afternoon, his family had been notified, according to PCSO.
The cause of death is currently under investigation by the Nevada County Sheriff's Office.
The original story is below:
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — The Placer County Sheriff's Office is asking the public's assistance in locating a missing Truckee man.
Detectives received information from family members that Eusebio Nunez, 49, was last seen leaving his home on July 25 at about 8:30 a.m., according to the department.
PCSO Det. John Riella said it's believed Nunez was last seen at a local Truckee bank at about 10 a.m. that day.
He was last seen wearing gray dress pants and a blue shirt, Riella said. He is described as 6 feet tall and 175 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
Nunez, a Placer County resident in Truckee, owns a check cashing and money wire transfer business called DGO Sin Froterras, located at 10242 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
"DGO" stands for "Durango," which is Nunez's home state in Mexico, Riella said.
Nunez was driving a gray 2001 Honda CRV, California license plate 7BDN819. Anyone who may have seen Nunez or his vehicle is urged to contact the North Lake Tahoe PCSO station at 530-581-6330, or the Investigations Division at 530-581-6321.
"We're seeking the public's help because we don't have any true leads to follow up on at this point," Riella said.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Truckee joins North Tahoe, Incline with CERT volunteer groups
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms