Boreal to open Friday for skiing, riding
October 31, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Boreal Mountain Resort plans to open at least one day this weekend after a small storm hit the region earlier this week with 1 to 2 feet of snow and below-freezing temperatures.
The resort will be open from noon to 8 p.m. Friday, offering skiing and riding on advanced terrain only. No easier terrain will be available, according to the resort.
Four terrain park features will be available, and the Nugget Chairlift will provide lift access to open terrain.
All tickets are $20 Friday, regardless of age. All 2013-14 season passes are valid. The season pass and ticket counter will open at 10 a.m. The lodge and bar will be open from food and drink from noon to 8 p.m.
Staff will decide Friday afternoon whether to keep the resort open Saturday and/or Sunday, weather conditions permitting. Check http://www.rideboreal.com/dailyreport for latest updates.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- New company creates a way for skiers to wear snowboard boots with skis
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety