Boreal to open Friday for skiing, riding
October 31, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Boreal Mountain Resort plans to open at least one day this weekend after a small storm hit the region earlier this week with 1 to 2 feet of snow and below-freezing temperatures.
The resort will be open from noon to 8 p.m. Friday, offering skiing and riding on advanced terrain only. No easier terrain will be available, according to the resort.
Four terrain park features will be available, and the Nugget Chairlift will provide lift access to open terrain.
All tickets are $20 Friday, regardless of age. All 2013-14 season passes are valid. The season pass and ticket counter will open at 10 a.m. The lodge and bar will be open from food and drink from noon to 8 p.m.
Staff will decide Friday afternoon whether to keep the resort open Saturday and/or Sunday, weather conditions permitting. Check http://www.rideboreal.com/dailyreport for latest updates.
Trending In: Local
- Opinion: Keeping Squaw ‘true’ may doom Squaw to failure
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- What Reno airport’s recent growth means for North Tahoe-Truckee