Boreal to open Friday for skiing, riding
October 31, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Boreal Mountain Resort plans to open at least one day this weekend after a small storm hit the region earlier this week with 1 to 2 feet of snow and below-freezing temperatures.
The resort will be open from noon to 8 p.m. Friday, offering skiing and riding on advanced terrain only. No easier terrain will be available, according to the resort.
Four terrain park features will be available, and the Nugget Chairlift will provide lift access to open terrain.
All tickets are $20 Friday, regardless of age. All 2013-14 season passes are valid. The season pass and ticket counter will open at 10 a.m. The lodge and bar will be open from food and drink from noon to 8 p.m.
Staff will decide Friday afternoon whether to keep the resort open Saturday and/or Sunday, weather conditions permitting. Check http://www.rideboreal.com/dailyreport for latest updates.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Follow these tips to know if the ice is safe
- Still no cause of Homewood ski resort, Tahoe City Henrikson fires
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Crews to cut power for hour at Martis Camp, Schaffer’s Mill, other locations due to dangerous tree
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week