Boreal to open Friday for skiing, riding
Ryan Summerlin October 31, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Boreal Mountain Resort plans to open at least one day this weekend after a small storm hit the region earlier this week with 1 to 2 feet of snow and below-freezing temperatures.
The resort will be open from noon to 8 p.m. Friday, offering skiing and riding on advanced terrain only. No easier terrain will be available, according to the resort.
Four terrain park features will be available, and the Nugget Chairlift will provide lift access to open terrain.
All tickets are $20 Friday, regardless of age. All 2013-14 season passes are valid. The season pass and ticket counter will open at 10 a.m. The lodge and bar will be open from food and drink from noon to 8 p.m.
Staff will decide Friday afternoon whether to keep the resort open Saturday and/or Sunday, weather conditions permitting. Check www.rideboreal.com/dailyreport for latest updates.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: Carbon monoxide safety key as fall approaches
- Incline High School Homecoming Week: Parade is Friday
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer