Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe names Northstar ‘Partner of the Year’
Ryan Summerlin May 5, 2014
Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe named Northstar California Resort Echo “Partner of the Year.”
Through cash and in-kind donations of more than $75,000, the resort worked with the Boys & Girls Club to support thousands of youth and teens.
“We are truly grateful for the continued support and partnership with Northstar California Resort Echo,” said Mindy Carbajal, executive director for BGCNLT “We’re thrilled that the collaborative effort has helped to inspire kids throughout our community.”
BGCNLT provides assistance and enrichment to youth and teens year-round.
In the Club’s Powder Hounds ski program, members were able to ski and ride Northstar as well as receive instruction and rental equipment.
“My son had snowboarded a few times before Powder Hounds, but really started loving it after spending time with the Northstar instructors each Sunday,” said Maria Sandoval, Club parent.
During summer, Northstar provided transportation for more than 300 youth to and from nine field trips, including visits to the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival and Wild Island Water Park.
“It’s a great honor to help one of our community’s most important foundations achieve their goals of creating opportunity for so many local kids,” said Bill Rock, chief operating officer and senior vice president of Northstar California Resort. “The positive impact that the Club provides for youth is simply immeasurable.”
KIDS FIRST FUNDRAISING BREAKFAST
The annual Kids First Fundraising Breakfast is scheduled for Saturday, May 10, 10-11:30 a.m. at the Tahoe Truckee Regional Airport, during which BGCNLT will recognize its partnership with Northstar California Resort Echo.
Community members and supporters will also attend the event in order to further the Club’s achievements.
Those interested in attending are invited to R.S.V.P. by calling the Club at 530-546-4324, or by emailing Ali Stoner, annual gifts coordinator for BGCNLT, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: Carbon monoxide safety key as fall approaches
- Election 2016: Truckee hospital board candidates discuss high costs
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- Reno group wants to crowdsource funds to buy Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe