British contest sends group to Lake Tahoe
March 13, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — The Good Ski Guide, Britain's largest and oldest ski magazine, recently awarded seven of its readers with ski vacations to Lake Tahoe as part of its major reader 2012/2013 contest.
The contest was conceived by Chuck Maas, marketing consultant for Lake Tahoe Accommodations, at the request of John Hill, publisher of the Good Ski Guide, as a way to put Lake Tahoe back in front of British skiers and boarders again.
Up until a few years ago, the British were the largest group of international visitors to Lake Tahoe.
The prize consisted of 10 days accommodation for up to eight persons in two large houses both in North Lake Tahoe and South Tahoe, as to promote the whole lake.
In addition to Lake Tahoe Accommodations, various other companies contributed in-kind products, including lift tickets by Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Homewood and Sierra-at-Tahoe.
The contest was the most successful in the 40-year history of the Good Ski Guide, with upwards of 40,000 entries.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Follow these tips to know if the ice is safe
- Still no cause of Homewood ski resort, Tahoe City Henrikson fires
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week