British contest sends group to Lake Tahoe
March 13, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — The Good Ski Guide, Britain's largest and oldest ski magazine, recently awarded seven of its readers with ski vacations to Lake Tahoe as part of its major reader 2012/2013 contest.
The contest was conceived by Chuck Maas, marketing consultant for Lake Tahoe Accommodations, at the request of John Hill, publisher of the Good Ski Guide, as a way to put Lake Tahoe back in front of British skiers and boarders again.
Up until a few years ago, the British were the largest group of international visitors to Lake Tahoe.
The prize consisted of 10 days accommodation for up to eight persons in two large houses both in North Lake Tahoe and South Tahoe, as to promote the whole lake.
In addition to Lake Tahoe Accommodations, various other companies contributed in-kind products, including lift tickets by Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Homewood and Sierra-at-Tahoe.
The contest was the most successful in the 40-year history of the Good Ski Guide, with upwards of 40,000 entries.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)