British contest sends group to Lake Tahoe
March 13, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — The Good Ski Guide, Britain’s largest and oldest ski magazine, recently awarded seven of its readers with ski vacations to Lake Tahoe as part of its major reader 2012/2013 contest.
The contest was conceived by Chuck Maas, marketing consultant for Lake Tahoe Accommodations, at the request of John Hill, publisher of the Good Ski Guide, as a way to put Lake Tahoe back in front of British skiers and boarders again.
Up until a few years ago, the British were the largest group of international visitors to Lake Tahoe.
The prize consisted of 10 days accommodation for up to eight persons in two large houses both in North Lake Tahoe and South Tahoe, as to promote the whole lake.
In addition to Lake Tahoe Accommodations, various other companies contributed in-kind products, including lift tickets by Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Homewood and Sierra-at-Tahoe.
The contest was the most successful in the 40-year history of the Good Ski Guide, with upwards of 40,000 entries.
Trending In: Local
- Opinion: Keeping Squaw ‘true’ may doom Squaw to failure
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump