CA gas prices hit $4.16 per gallon; Truckee’s at $4.46
April 18, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Enter warmer weather — and enter higher gas prices.
Average gasoline prices in California rose 12.3 cents in the past week, averaging $4.16 a gallon by Monday, according to a GasBuddy.com survey of 10,526 gas outlets in California.
This compares with the national average that increased 3.4 cents in the last week to $3.59 per gallon, according to the gasoline price website.
The average price for a gallon of unleaded gas in Truckee as of midday Tuesday, meanwhile, was $4.46, and $4.66 for premium.
Prices at the two Kings Beach stations were $4.19 and $4.29 a gallon for unleaded, while the average price for unleaded in Incline Village, on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe, was $4.20.
Tuesday's $4.25 price at the Incline Village Chevron was the highest in the state, according to GasBuddy.
Including the increases in California, prices as of Monday were 19.7 cents per gallon higher than the same day one year ago, and 21.6 cents per gallon higher than a month ago.
The national average increased 9.2 cents during the last month, standing 7.2 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
"The national average has zoomed higher in the last week, regaining some upward momentum and bringing us to the highest national average so far this year," said GasBuddy.com Senior Petroleum Analyst Patrick DeHaan. "As we get very near the final shift to summer spec gasoline, we're seeing prices continue to creep higher in many communities across the country."
DeHaan said prices nationally between April and September should average out to $3.52 a gallon.
The all-time record high for unleaded gas prices in California, according to GasBuddy, was $4.67 on Oct. 8, 2012, and $5.14 for diesel, on May 29, 2008.
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie