California Carnival to benefit Tahoe’s Connection for Families
August 11, 2014
The California Carnival will be held Wednesday, Aug. 13 through Sunday, Aug. 17 in Truckee at the Truckee River Regional Park Rodeo Parking lot off Hwy 267.
A portion of all ticket sales benefit Tahoe’s Connection for Families. Every year, the Truckee Carnival features a Ferris wheel, fun house, giant slide, roller coaster and midway games. There are rides designed for the 2- to 4-year-old age group as well.
Hours are as follows: 5-10 p.m. on Wednesday; 4-10 p.m. on Thursday; 4-11 p.m. on Friday; noon -11 p.m. on Saturday; and noon-10 p.m. on Sunday.
The cost is $20 for an unlimited rides wristband if purchased in advance.
Receive an advance sale ride coupon with advance purchase and turn it in for the unlimited rides wristband or a sheet of 30 ride tickets at the Carnival ticket booth.
Buying wristbands on-site at the Carnival will cost $30.
Advance purchase coupons are on sale at Safeway in Truckee, Tahoe’s Connection for Families located at 761 Northwood Blvd., Incline Village, Nev. and The Potlatch, 930 Tahoe Blvd., Incline Village, Nev.
Tahoe’s Connection for Families nets a higher percentage on advance sales.
Tahoe’s Connections for Families (TCF), is a nonprofit organization that offers parenting education and early childhood development programs for families with infants and toddlers up to pre-school. TCF provides families the building blocks to develop their young children’s individual potential and future success through education and structured developmental play.
Contact Tahoe’s Connection for Families at 775-832-8230 or visit http://www.tcfkids.org.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Cool cowboy: Longtime Tahoe trash service provider to retire soon
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports