Chief’s Corner: Wildland Urban Interface Conference coming soon
March 4, 2014
EDITOR’S NOTE: “Chief’s Corner” is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
As an active stakeholder in the protection of our Wildland Urban Interface, the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District will be taking part in the 3-day International Association of Fire Chiefs WUI Conference at the Peppermill Resort in Reno from March 17-19.
There will be representatives from state and local governments, community planners and the like attending the conference. Attendees will be taking advantage of the many education tracks, hands-on exercises, and an exhibitor expo showcasing the latest in wildland gear and equipment, as well as the networking opportunities with colleagues who work in all facets of the WUI.
Staff from NLTFPD and I will be speaking at several of the classes and events taking place during the conference.
For more information or to register for the conference, please visit http://www.iafc.org/wui.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway