College volleyball coaches coming to Lake Tahoe, Truckee
June 26, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — College volleyball coaches will help players achieve their personal best this summer.
Four volleyball camps are available this summer: Peak Volleyball Camp in Tahoe City, July 11-13; Donner Lake Beach Volleyball Camp at West End Beach in Truckee, July 14-16; Peak Performance Volleyball Camp in Tahoe City, July 18-20, and the Team Retreat Camp July 18-20 in Tahoe City.
Camps in Tahoe City offer an optional overnight dorms and meals, Friday night pizza pool party, and Tahoe Treetop Adventure package at the Granlibakken Lodge.
College coaches will work directly with each camp participant in skills training and game scenarios. The latest technology will also be utilized to further the experience. Visual video demonstrations and personal feedback will be presented with tablets and HDTV. Speed radar gun technology is used to further develop arm swing power in serving and hitting.
Scheduled college coaches include Mike Welch, Kim Lester, Jamie Ivers and Terry Stafford.
Camp Director Mike Welch has experience as an NCAA Division I and II college head volleyball coach for 17 years with 267 career wins, six nationally ranked seasons, and five conference championships. Additionally, Welch was a two-time head coach for the USA Youth National Team.
Kim Lester, head coach at San Diego Mesa College, has been named the California Community College Coach of the Year. Lester was previously an assistant coach at UNLV, Oklahoma and Idaho State University.
Jamie Ivers, head coach at Grossmont College, was one of eight finalists for National Coach of the Year while being named the AVCA Regional Coach of the Year in 2011. She led her team to be the 2013 California Community College Championship Runner Up. Terry Stafford was named California Pacific Conference Coach of the Year while at William Jessep University and led three different California high school teams to CIF Championships.
Welch said, "I am excited to travel in our cadre of college volleyball coaches to share outstanding experiences with our community and visitors. The sessions are an opportunity to receive expert training with a positive and motivating environment. Our events are fun, fast paced and focused on helping each player achieve their personal best."
For information and to register visit http://www.PeakVolleyball.com, e-mail Mike@PeakVolleyball.com or call 530-448-0519. Registration fees include a free shirt. Register for two camps and receive a $50 discount. Space is limited.
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues