Conde Nast gives Resort at Squaw Creek Spa kudos
Ryan Summerlin March 14, 2013
OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif. — The Resort at Squaw Creek was voted No. 5 on the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll for Top 100 U.S. Resort Spas. Readers who participated in the poll had a total of 46,352 visits to hotel, resort, and cruise ship spas, and utilized criteria assessing treatments, staff and facilities.
“We have a tremendous group of therapists and technicians at Spa at Squaw Creek,“ said Kathleen McNichols, spa director at Resort at Squaw Creek in Olympic Valley. “In addition to our 10 beautiful treatments rooms, pre and post-treatment sanctuary, steam rooms and saunas, fitness center, along with our outdoor pool and hot tub complex, the location at the edge of the meadow in Squaw Valley is hard to beat. We are truly honored to be ranked high on this list.”
In addition to landing on the Top Resort Spas list, Resort at Squaw Creek has been recognized on the Top 50 Ski Hotels in North America, and Top 150 Resorts: US Mainland. Sister Destination Hotels & Resorts property, Vail Cascade Resort and Spa, nabbed the No. 2 spot on the Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 U.S. Resort Spas list. Other Destination Hotels & Resorts included on the list are Stowe Mountain Lodge (14), Royal Palms Resort at Spa (37), Terranea (50), Miramonte Resort and Spa (63), and Paradise Point Resort and Spa (99). Inn and Spa at Loretto posted No. 46 on the Top 75 U.S. Hotel Spas. Earlier this year Resort at Squaw Creek was awarded recognition in the 2013 U.S. News Best Hotels Ranking for the Lake Tahoe region.
“The recognition is born out of our outstanding facilities in a truly one-of-a-kind location at the base of Squaw Valley, which we pair with warm hospitality, excellent service and an authentic Tahoe experience,” said Eric Sather, general manager at Resort at Squaw Creek.
Resort at Squaw Creek is located 10 minutes from Lake Tahoe and offers ski-in, ski out access to Squaw Valley. During the winter, the resort offers on-property ice skating, dog sledding, horse-drawn sleigh rides, a complete Nordic center, a sport shop with the latest rental gear, a shopping promenade and several dining options. During summer months, the resort features an on-property fly fishing center, Robert Trent Jones, Jr.-designed golf course, bike rentals and guided hikes. The Mountain Buddies Kids Kamp for children ages 4 to 12 offers day and evening sessions year-round.
The resort is located 42 miles from Reno-Tahoe international Airport, and approximately 200 miles from San Francisco.
For more information visit www.visitsquawcreek.com.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Election 2016: Truckee hospital board candidates discuss high costs
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: Carbon monoxide safety key as fall approaches
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- Reno group wants to crowdsource funds to buy Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe