County ramping up Kings Beach planning efforts
June 13, 2013
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — This summer, Placer County will focus on Kings Beach as part of efforts to update its Community/General Plans in the Lake Tahoe Basin.
The county will conduct a Vision Charrette — a three-day public workshop — in July. The charrette will focus on the beach and commercial core area behind it, according to a press release, and information gathered will be integrated into the policy document.
Elements that may be considered include: environmental restoration, prosperity, connectivity, recreation, quality of life and opportunities with the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency’s Regional Plan Update and the Kings Beach Commercial Core Streetscape Improvements.
The three-day event is scheduled for July 16-18 (Tuesday through Thursday) at the North Tahoe Event Center.
Further, a pre-charrette workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, June 19, from 5-6:30 p.m. at the North Tahoe Event Center.
That meeting will introduce the community to the charrette process and provide an update on the Tahoe Basin Community Plan Update.
For more information, contact Crystal Jacobsen with the Placer County Planning Services Division at 530-745-3000 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Staff report
Trending In: Local
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Practice these winter safety tips
- Tahoe Standing Rock supporters celebrate Dakota Access Pipeline decision
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee