Cyclist air-lifted to Reno after being hit by car in Truckee
September 20, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif — Officials are investigating a significant-injury vehicle vs. bicycle accident in Truckee Tuesday afternoon.
The incident occurred at about 4 p.m. on Donner Pass Road near Meadow Way. Truckee Fire Protection District spokesperson Paul Spencer said the cyclist was transported via CareFlight helicopter to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno due to injuries suffered.
The cyclist was alert and conscious at the time of transport, Spencer said. Further details on injuries were not immediately known.
The driver of the vehicle was not injured, according to a statement from the Truckee Police Department.
Anyone who might have information or who may have witnessed the collision should contact TPD at 530-550-2323.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe surgeon, Army veteran flies with U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds
- Truckee councilors expected to give cannabis recommendation
- Massage techniques can alleviate swelling from lymphedema
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (video)
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- Fernley’s game-winning touchdown drive upends Truckee comeback
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)