Cyclist air-lifted to Reno after being hit by car in Truckee
September 20, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif — Officials are investigating a significant-injury vehicle vs. bicycle accident in Truckee Tuesday afternoon.
The incident occurred at about 4 p.m. on Donner Pass Road near Meadow Way. Truckee Fire Protection District spokesperson Paul Spencer said the cyclist was transported via CareFlight helicopter to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno due to injuries suffered.
The cyclist was alert and conscious at the time of transport, Spencer said. Further details on injuries were not immediately known.
The driver of the vehicle was not injured, according to a statement from the Truckee Police Department.
Anyone who might have information or who may have witnessed the collision should contact TPD at 530-550-2323.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space