Cyclist air-lifted to Reno after being hit by car in Truckee
Ryan Summerlin September 20, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif — Officials are investigating a significant-injury vehicle vs. bicycle accident in Truckee Tuesday afternoon.
The incident occurred at about 4 p.m. on Donner Pass Road near Meadow Way. Truckee Fire Protection District spokesperson Paul Spencer said the cyclist was transported via CareFlight helicopter to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno due to injuries suffered.
The cyclist was alert and conscious at the time of transport, Spencer said. Further details on injuries were not immediately known.
The driver of the vehicle was not injured, according to a statement from the Truckee Police Department.
Anyone who might have information or who may have witnessed the collision should contact TPD at 530-550-2323.
Trending In: Local
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- 3 adults rescued from Lake Tahoe after boat takes on water
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- LIVE COVERAGE: Truckee football takes on Elko in undefeated showdown
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000