Donner Memorial State Park to temporarily close entrance May 1
April 25, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — As part of ongoing construction of the new Donner Memorial State Park Visitor Center, the main entrance to the park on Donner Pass Road is scheduled to be closed between May 1-15 for a paving project, according to a California State Parks press release.
During this period, the park museum will be also closed. Further, the campgrounds and day use are closed for the winter and expected to open for the season on May 24.
During the closure, access to the park will be limited to pedestrians and bicyclists using alternative entrances. For further information about Donner Memorial State Park and this project, call the park at 530-582-7892.
Trending In: Local
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Practice these winter safety tips
- Tahoe Standing Rock supporters celebrate Dakota Access Pipeline decision
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee