Donner Memorial State Park to temporarily close entrance May 1
April 25, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — As part of ongoing construction of the new Donner Memorial State Park Visitor Center, the main entrance to the park on Donner Pass Road is scheduled to be closed between May 1-15 for a paving project, according to a California State Parks press release.
During this period, the park museum will be also closed. Further, the campgrounds and day use are closed for the winter and expected to open for the season on May 24.
During the closure, access to the park will be limited to pedestrians and bicyclists using alternative entrances. For further information about Donner Memorial State Park and this project, call the park at 530-582-7892.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- New company creates a way for skiers to wear snowboard boots with skis
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety