Donner Memorial State Park to temporarily close entrance May 1
Ryan Summerlin April 25, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — As part of ongoing construction of the new Donner Memorial State Park Visitor Center, the main entrance to the park on Donner Pass Road is scheduled to be closed between May 1-15 for a paving project, according to a California State Parks press release.
During this period, the park museum will be also closed. Further, the campgrounds and day use are closed for the winter and expected to open for the season on May 24.
During the closure, access to the park will be limited to pedestrians and bicyclists using alternative entrances. For further information about Donner Memorial State Park and this project, call the park at 530-582-7892.
Trending In: Local
- North Lake Tahoe Fire appoints Ryan Sommers as permanent chief
- Farmer releases reference book for Tahoe-Truckee gardening
- Tahoe alpinists look to conquer world’s 6th-tallest mountain in less than 7 days
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: It’s important to prepare a household inventory
- Incline Village community briefs: Week of Sept. 28, 2016