Explore nutrition and fitness certificate opportunities at Sierra College Truckee-Tahoe
March 27, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Are you interested in health, nutrition and fitness and eager to explore a hands-on career that taps your interests?
Discover the growing professional opportunities available with a nutrition and fitness certificate from Sierra College at the free information session at 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 3.
Dr. Mithia Mukutmoni from the Sierra College Nutrition Department will be in Truckee to speak with prospective students.
“Whether it’s your career path or a stepping stone along the way, Sierra College prepares students to take the American Council on Exercise exam with just two semesters of classes,” said Mukutmoni. The Tahoe – Truckee campus offers a nutrition class every fall semester and the other classes required for the certificate are offered on the Rocklin class and online.
Sierra College and the American Council on Exercise are now educational partners.
Sierra College’s 21-unit certificate program includes the ACE Personal Training Preparation Course as part of its curriculum. This means that students can earn both a Nutrition and Fitness Trainer Certificate as well as prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam within as little as two semesters in college.
Once students pass the ACE exam they will hold the ACE-Certified Personal Trainer title and be able to pursue a growing and rewarding new career in health. The ACE textbook, study materials and exam are offered at a discounted rate to students who are enrolled in Sierra’s certificate program and take the ACE preparation course.
Because the ACE has secured an agreement with 24-Hour Fitness, certificate completers will also be guaranteed an interview at one of the 400 centers.
If you plan to attend the free information session on April 3, please RSVP in person at the front desk of Sierra College, Tahoe-Truckee, by emailing email@example.com or online at http://www.facebook.com/SierraCollegeTahoeTruckee.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes