Faith briefs for North Lake Tahoe, Truckee
July 10, 2014
Content for briefs is selected from e-mail submissions to Community Editor Amy Edgett at firstname.lastname@example.org. To enter community events online, visit http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/NorthShore/nCommunityCalendar.
Worship at historic, outdoor chapel
St. Nicholas Episcopal church has moved its Sunday worship service to 9:30 a.m., and to its worship space outside at the Chapel of the Transfiguration. Coffee and treats at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Please join St. Nicks to celebrate life, dogs, porcupines and the world! Located at 855 West Lake Blvd., one mile south of Tahoe City. For more information, call 530-583-4713 or visit http://www.stnicksepiscopal.org.
Free pet loss grief class
The SPCA of Northern Nevada (SPCA) is offering a monthly pet loss grief class designed to help pet guardians with the passing of a companion animal, either recently or in the past. These classes will be ongoing throughout 2014 on the fourth Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. and will be held at the SPCA’s Stanley James Walker Pet Care and Adoption Center, 4950 Spectrum Blvd. in Reno, Nev. Each week involves one to two specific topics on grief, depending on class participants, and will be moderated by Steve Woods, owner of A Beloved Friends Pet Crematory and Rev. Stephen Arvin, local Public Safety Chaplain.
Our companion animals provide unconditional love and companionship so it is natural to feel great anguish and sadness when they pass, leaving a tremendous hole in our hearts. Find support and coping tools to move past one of life’s very real challenges with such topics as understanding grief, stages and myths of grief, normal reactions to grief, consequences of denial of grief, grief for children and seniors, and many other subjects.
RSVP to Elizabeth@spcanevada.org to reserve your spot in class. If you have any questions, please call 775-324-7773, ext. 200.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway