Family Resource Center of Truckee offering free life enrichment series
July 17, 2014
The Family Resource Center of Truckee is hosting its summertime Life Enrichment Series on Wednesdays, 5 p.m. (unless otherwise noted), at 11695 Donner Pass Road.
Join FRCT for these free family-friendly workshops — everything from yoga to cooking classes to arts and crafts.
LIFE ENRICHMENT SERIES
July 23: Laughter Yoga Meditation with Rebecca Brown.
July 30: Yoga with Coral Rose, beginner to intermediate level yoga, alignment-based flow to balance the body, mind and spirit.
Aug. 6: “Positive Chaos” with Roy Tuscany, co-founder of High Fives Foundation. In his talk, Roy speaks about the power of positive chaos in transforming memories.
Aug. 13, 6 p.m.: Recycled Bookmarks with Nicole Martin of Kindred Arts & Folk Institute.
Aug. 20: “Eat Fresh, Be Healthy!“ Cooking Class with Wendy Van Wagner. In this class prepare a delicious corn and green chili sauté with queso fresco!
Aug. 27: “Chicken Mole Enchiladas!” Cooking Class with Wendy Van Wagner. Make a quick version of Mexican classic mole! Learn to use a variety of spices to increase flavor without over using salt.
Sept. 3: Yoga Meditation with Jon Weedn from For Goodness Sake.
More information can be found on the Events page at http://www.truckeefrc.org or call 530-587-2513. RSVP online to help planning and follow the Family Resource Center of Truckee on Facebook.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens