Grateful Dead tribute to let it ripple at the CBC
Ryan Summerlin September 25, 2013
Hey Dead heads — want to relive that great trip from the 60s and 70s?
The Casual Dogs, a Grateful Dead tribute band, will play a free show at 10 p.m. Saturday in the super groovy Red Room at the Crystal Bay Casino.
The Reno-Tahoe based band includes Joe Warren on lead guitar; Fletch on drums; Nick DeNoia on bass; Jeff Laactso on keys, sax and wind synth; and Mark Materne on rhythm guitar.
According to the band’s website, the Casual Dogs formed in 2007, aided by their trusty stage hand and sound and lighting tech, Larry Maldonado.
The Casual Dogs have performed more than 100 shows in the Lake Tahoe and Reno area, according to the band, bringing the Dead vibe, stellar jams and sweet song selections with them every time.
Learn more about The Casual Dogs at www.thecasualdogs.com.
GET THE DROP FRIDAY NIGHT
Prior to the Dead, get the Drop on Friday night.
North Tahoe band Drop Theory plays a free show at 10 p.m. Friday in the Red Room.
The band’s infectious, high-energy music fuses the classic solid gold sounds of past decades with a modern funky twist, according its Facebook page.
With influences that range from hip hop, jazz and of course, funk, Drop Theory has played hundreds of shows around California/Nevada area and is showing no signs of slowing down.
According to the band’s bio, since 2008 Drop Theory has played a dynamic mix of carefully selected covers (ranging from afro-beat and 90s acid jazz to straight up funk and soul) and originals.
The band features J Pinard, sax and vocals; Alex Dobbs, drums; Peter Kowalczyk, guitar; Mike Zucker, guitar; and Isaac Freed, bass.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- 3 adults rescued from Lake Tahoe after boat takes on water
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000