Green Tara: The Female Buddha of Compassion
March 30, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Lama Tsultrim Allione will be at the Cedar House Sport Hotel in Truckee on Wednesday, April 9, for a day-long teaching of Green Tara practice.
Green Tara is “The Female Buddha of Compassion,” who provides protection from fears and obstacles. She sits with one foot in the meditative posture and one foot in the world, thus embodying active compassion and serving as a model for modern day contemplative life.
Green Tara is also “The Female Embodiment of Enlightenment.”
Lama Tsultrim reminds us: “Tara is accessible to everyone, even those who have not received the teachings. She is simply present. The reemergence of Tara’s energy, her feminine wisdom and her compassion are essential for the earth and all people right now.”
“Tara is one of the most beloved of all Buddhist deities, and she has many different manifestations. She is known as Swift Tara because she always responds with immediate, compassionate action. Tara embodies that state of being in which wisdom, compassion, and activity are inseparable. She acts without thought; as soon as she sees the need for action, the knowledge of what must be done is instantaneously present, along with the infallible power to accomplish it,” according to Freemantle, Francesca’s “Luminous Emptiness: Understanding the Tibetan Book of the Dead.”
Lama Tsultrim Allione is an author, internationally known Buddhist teacher, and founder of Tara Mandala Retreat Center. She is the author of “Women of Wisdom” and “Feeding Your Demons: Ancient Wisdom for Resolving Inner Conflict,” which connects the knowledge of Tibetan Buddhism with modern life.
Pre-registration is required. Space is limited; registration on the day only allowed if space permits. This program will also be available by live streaming via the For Goodness Sake website, http://www.goodnesssake.org.
Upon completion of registration and payment, a link for the streaming program will be sent.
The sliding scale for this event is $75-120; no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
There will also be an opportunity to give dana to Lama Tsultrim.
Dana is an optional personal offering which supports the spiritual teachings. It is separate from the registration fee. The teacher donates time in service of the Dharma and receives only what student’s offer. A suggested dana amount is $20-$45.
This event is cohosted by For Goodness Sake Truckee and the Truckee Tara Mandala Sangha.
Penelope Burton is a student of Lama Tsultrim Allione’s, a member of the Truckee Tara Mandala Sangha, and has been deeply transformed by her practice of Green Tara meditation.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway