Gunman robs North Lake Tahoe bank
August 26, 2013
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — An armed man robbed a North Lake Tahoe bank on Friday morning, an official said.
The man — described as “older” and wearing a baseball cap, sunglasses, gray sweater and black jeans — robbed the Bank of the West branch at 200 Bear St. in Kings Beach at about 10:30 a.m. Friday, said Placer County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Alfredo Guitron.
The man handed a teller a note and had a “black handgun,” Guitron said, and fled with an undisclosed amount of money. No one was hurt in the incident.
Officials are unsure if the man fled on foot or in a vehicle.
Guitron said the department is investigating if Friday’s incident is connected to the Wednesday robbery at El Dorado Savings Bank in South Lake Tahoe.
According to the Tahoe Daily Tribune, that robbery took place about 9:39 a.m. when a man entered the bank and gave a teller a note that demanded cash. The man said he had a gun, but no gun was seen. He left the location with an unknown amount of cash.
Anyone with information regarding the Kings Beach incident should call PCSO Det. Sage Bourassa at 530-581-6322.
Trending In: Local
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Practice these winter safety tips
- Tahoe Standing Rock supporters celebrate Dakota Access Pipeline decision
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee