Huge crowd turns out for Incline’s Spring Extravaganza
April 3, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The past two Saturdays, Incline Village Parks & Recreation was abuzz with egg hunts and visits from the Easter Bunny. A huge thank you to all of the community members who came out for both of this year’s very special events.
On March 23, the Incline Recreation Center was in full swing with 125 youth participating in the Underwater Egg Hunt. Scooping up eggs from the pool made for a fun afternoon for families. The bounce house and the early visit by the Easter Bunny were also a huge hit.
Then, on Saturday, March 30, the community was fortunate to experience some of the best weather ever on record to help make this year’s Spring Extravaganza Community Egg Hunt a huge success.
More than 1,200 people poured on to the beach to participate in the big countdown to mark the beginning of this year’s community egg hunt.
Photos with the Easter Bunny and climbing both the NLTFPD engine and park’s gator were also tons of fun.
Local students from Incline High School Key Club, Incline Middle School and Lake Tahoe School were on hand to assist at both of the events earning well deserved community service hours.
The sponsors who helped make this year’s Spring Eggstravaganza possible were: Ace Hardware, Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation, Dr. Jonathan Smith, OD, Dress the Part(y), AmeriCorps and North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District.
Most of all, thank you Incline Community for your continued support of these programs.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes