Incline rec center pool to reopen Thursday
September 25, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The Incline Village Recreation Center pool will reopen Thursday, Sept. 26, the district announced Wednesday.
Resurfacing and replastering work on the 226,000-gallon pool — which closed Aug. 13 after it was damaged in a rock-throwing vandalism incident the night before — is complete, and water was filled earlier this week, said IVGID spokesman Andrew Baird.
The pool at Burnt Cedar Beach has been open for lap swimmers and has held aquatics classes during the closure.
With today's reopening — which is five days ahead of schedule — the Burnt Cedar pool will close for the season, Baird said.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is investigating the vandalism incident. Anyone with information can call the sheriff's office at 775-785-WCSO (9276) or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)
- Truckee takes 26-14 win over Spring Creek