Incline rec center pool to reopen Thursday
September 25, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The Incline Village Recreation Center pool will reopen Thursday, Sept. 26, the district announced Wednesday.
Resurfacing and replastering work on the 226,000-gallon pool — which closed Aug. 13 after it was damaged in a rock-throwing vandalism incident the night before — is complete, and water was filled earlier this week, said IVGID spokesman Andrew Baird.
The pool at Burnt Cedar Beach has been open for lap swimmers and has held aquatics classes during the closure.
With today’s reopening — which is five days ahead of schedule — the Burnt Cedar pool will close for the season, Baird said.
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the vandalism incident. Anyone with information can call the sheriff’s office at 775-785-WCSO (9276) or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
Trending In: Local
- Opinion: Keeping Squaw ‘true’ may doom Squaw to failure
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- What Reno airport’s recent growth means for North Tahoe-Truckee