Incline rec center pool to reopen Thursday
September 25, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The Incline Village Recreation Center pool will reopen Thursday, Sept. 26, the district announced Wednesday.
Resurfacing and replastering work on the 226,000-gallon pool — which closed Aug. 13 after it was damaged in a rock-throwing vandalism incident the night before — is complete, and water was filled earlier this week, said IVGID spokesman Andrew Baird.
The pool at Burnt Cedar Beach has been open for lap swimmers and has held aquatics classes during the closure.
With today’s reopening — which is five days ahead of schedule — the Burnt Cedar pool will close for the season, Baird said.
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the vandalism incident. Anyone with information can call the sheriff’s office at 775-785-WCSO (9276) or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
Trending In: Local
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Officials: Without Measure M, transit remains priority for North Tahoe
- Family of drowned CA deputy sues Tahoe company for negligence
- Tahoe for Standing Rock: Groups speak out against Dakota Access Pipeline
- Lake Tahoe weather: 2016-17 winter outlook offers more questions than answers
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Restoration group forms to improve Lake Tahoe’s West Shore