Incline vets club members ‘13 Veterans and Military Day
March 27, 2013
On March 20, members of the Incline Village/Crystal Bay Veterans Club, operating under the auspices of Incline Village General Improvement District Senior Programs, attended Veterans and Military Day at the Legislature (VAMDAL) in Carson City.
More than 100 veterans from Northern Nevada attended the briefings by Caleb Cage on the multiple veterans’ measures proposed by both the State Senate and State Assembly. Of note was the presentation to the group by Gov. Brian Sandoval regarding proposed measures that will benefit veterans, active duty, reserve and guard personnel in Nevada.
Monthly Incline Village Crystal/Bay Veterans Club lunchtime meetings are the last Thursday of the month from noon to 2 p.m. at Aspen Grove, 960 Lakeshore Drive. The public is invited to attend.
For information on this or other Senior Programs, visit http://www.inclineseniors.com, call 775-832-1310 or visit the Incline Recreation Center.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes