Incline vets club members ‘13 Veterans and Military Day
March 27, 2013
On March 20, members of the Incline Village/Crystal Bay Veterans Club, operating under the auspices of Incline Village General Improvement District Senior Programs, attended Veterans and Military Day at the Legislature (VAMDAL) in Carson City.
More than 100 veterans from Northern Nevada attended the briefings by Caleb Cage on the multiple veterans' measures proposed by both the State Senate and State Assembly. Of note was the presentation to the group by Gov. Brian Sandoval regarding proposed measures that will benefit veterans, active duty, reserve and guard personnel in Nevada.
Monthly Incline Village Crystal/Bay Veterans Club lunchtime meetings are the last Thursday of the month from noon to 2 p.m. at Aspen Grove, 960 Lakeshore Drive. The public is invited to attend.
For information on this or other Senior Programs, visit http://www.inclineseniors.com, call 775-832-1310 or visit the Incline Recreation Center.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows invests $4 million into snow safety
- New company creates a way for skiers to wear snowboard boots with skis
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas