Incline vets club members ‘13 Veterans and Military Day
Ryan Summerlin March 27, 2013
On March 20, members of the Incline Village/Crystal Bay Veterans Club, operating under the auspices of Incline Village General Improvement District Senior Programs, attended Veterans and Military Day at the Legislature (VAMDAL) in Carson City.
More than 100 veterans from Northern Nevada attended the briefings by Caleb Cage on the multiple veterans’ measures proposed by both the State Senate and State Assembly. Of note was the presentation to the group by Gov. Brian Sandoval regarding proposed measures that will benefit veterans, active duty, reserve and guard personnel in Nevada.
Monthly Incline Village Crystal/Bay Veterans Club lunchtime meetings are the last Thursday of the month from noon to 2 p.m. at Aspen Grove, 960 Lakeshore Drive. The public is invited to attend.
For information on this or other Senior Programs, visit www.inclineseniors.com, call 775-832-1310 or visit the Incline Recreation Center.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Tahoe alpinists look to conquer world’s 6th-tallest mountain in less than 7 days
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- Farmer releases reference book for Tahoe-Truckee gardening
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Amid housing crisis, North Tahoe-Truckee real estate sales thrive
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- Opinion: Placer County shows lack of commitment to Lake Tahoe