Incline Village community notes: Annual Bowl For Families fundraiser is Saturday
October 19, 2016
Wow that was certainly a wild weather ride last weekend, and it appears we all need to get our winter driving skills ready. Hoping it is just the beginning of a long winter and we can expect more than a dusting soon.
Of course, with Halloween around the corner, we could be in for a trick instead of a treat from Mother Nature this year. Bring on the snow!
Tonight, Thursday, Oct. 20, join Easel and Wine for a Paint for Snow Party from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Gus’ Barbecue. Local artist Ronnie Rector is planning a fun event. Visit http://www.easelandwine.com or call 775-831-2623 to sign up.
Saturday, Oct. 22, is the annual Tahoe Family Solutions fundraiser, Bowl For Families at Bowl Incline. To sign up a team, call TFS at 775-298-0004 or stop at the office located in the DWR Center.
Weight Watchers will host an open house at 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, at the IVGID administration office. Anyone interested in knowing more about the program or when the next session begins can attend this meeting or contact Mary McCormick at email@example.com or 775-832-1100.
The annual Trail of Treats and Terror is from 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27. The Trail of Treats and Terror is sponsored by IVGID Parks and Recreation, the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center, Sierra Nevada College, Lake Tahoe School, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Washoe County Sheriff and Washoe County Constables. The trail travels from the DWR Center, to The IVGID Rec. Center, Lake Tahoe School and ends at Sierra Nevada College. This is a fun event for the children in Incline. Get your costume ready now!
At Alibi Ale Works on Nevada Day, Friday, Oct. 28, The Rotary Club of Tahoe Incline will host a fundraiser, and costumes are encouraged. Event features music, a raffle and silent auction. Tickets available from a Rotarian, at Alibi or at the door.
A special birthday shout out to Curtis Trujillo on his 40th birthday on Oct. 18. Other birthdays to celebrate this week: Connie Nowlin and Chuck Swing on Oct. 21, Madonna Dunbar on Oct. 23, and Alan Tiras on Oct. 24. Happy Birthday!
The Deal or Steal for this week is to become a volunteer for the Incline Village Crystal Bay Visitor Center’s Gift Store, office/administration or special events. To volunteer email Ava at firstname.lastname@example.org or call A 775-832-1606.
As always send in your birthdays, anniversaries and news, along with the best deals or steals you can find, before 5 p.m. on Tuesday to email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens