Introducing the 2013-14 Americorps team members
September 11, 2013
Now in its 14th year, the Parasol AmeriCorps program kicked off last week with orientation for the 2013-14 team at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center.
After three days of orientation, the 16 members were introduced to the community host sites and supervisors during a swearing-in luncheon on Thursday, Sept. 5.
Stacy Woodbury, chair and acting CEO of Nevada Volunteers, administered the pledge of service to the members. Two members of the team, Kylee Wilkins and Megan Heatwole, are doing their second year of service.
"This is my sixth team and I am so excited to have such an interesting group of young people to work with," said Allison Eybel Parasol's AmeriCorps program director. "During the training I could see that this is going to be a very cohesive group. Many of the members have served in AmeriCorps programs elsewhere."
Jean Eick is the communications manager at the Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Follow these tips to know if the ice is safe
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Tahoe agencies meet with Sen. Dean Heller to advocate for VAWA
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week