Introducing the 2013-14 Americorps team members
September 11, 2013
Now in its 14th year, the Parasol AmeriCorps program kicked off last week with orientation for the 2013-14 team at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center.
After three days of orientation, the 16 members were introduced to the community host sites and supervisors during a swearing-in luncheon on Thursday, Sept. 5.
Stacy Woodbury, chair and acting CEO of Nevada Volunteers, administered the pledge of service to the members. Two members of the team, Kylee Wilkins and Megan Heatwole, are doing their second year of service.
“This is my sixth team and I am so excited to have such an interesting group of young people to work with,” said Allison Eybel Parasol’s AmeriCorps program director. “During the training I could see that this is going to be a very cohesive group. Many of the members have served in AmeriCorps programs elsewhere.”
Jean Eick is the communications manager at the Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Cool cowboy: Longtime Tahoe trash service provider to retire soon
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens