Introducing the 2013-14 Americorps team members
September 11, 2013
Now in its 14th year, the Parasol AmeriCorps program kicked off last week with orientation for the 2013-14 team at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center.
After three days of orientation, the 16 members were introduced to the community host sites and supervisors during a swearing-in luncheon on Thursday, Sept. 5.
Stacy Woodbury, chair and acting CEO of Nevada Volunteers, administered the pledge of service to the members. Two members of the team, Kylee Wilkins and Megan Heatwole, are doing their second year of service.
"This is my sixth team and I am so excited to have such an interesting group of young people to work with," said Allison Eybel Parasol's AmeriCorps program director. "During the training I could see that this is going to be a very cohesive group. Many of the members have served in AmeriCorps programs elsewhere."
Jean Eick is the communications manager at the Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Public input sought on draft Truckee River Recreational Access Plan
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest