IVGID GM search down to two finalists
December 13, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Two candidates remain in the search for the new leader of the Incline Village General Improvement District.
On Tuesday, the IVGID board of trustees voted to bring Eric Severance and Steven Pinkerton back for more interviews and site tours.
Trustees ranked the original six candidates — Severance, Pinkerton, Keven Burnett, Tom Masterson, Rosemary Menard and Kirk Wooldridge — based on their performance during all-day interviews at The Chateau on Dec. 2.
Trustees Jim Smith, Jim Hammerel, Bill Devine and Bruce Simonian each had Pinkerton and Severance in his top two. Trustee Joe Wolfe had Severance at No. 2, while Pinkerton was last. He ranked Burnett as his No. 1 choice.
"I felt (Burnett) displayed a gung-ho type of leadership, a go get 'em attitude," Wolfe said. "With (Pinkerton), I felt there was a lot of flash … I had a feeling of a used car salesman, he was slick."
Simonian, meanwhile, said he was unimpressed with Burnett.
Recommended Stories For You
"I found him to be a poor public speaker, he wasn't succinct, he wasn't prepared, he did fairly poor (on Dec. 2)," Simonian said.
District staff will continue working with Sacramento-based Peckham & McKenney Executive Search and Consulting to develop an agenda for future interviews with Severance and Pinkerton. Details will be published as they become available.
Severance, an Incline resident, has been a managing partner with Fairview Partners, an Incline-based investment company, since 2010. He's also managed a hedge fund and been an executive with various companies over the past 15 years, and has ski resort ties as General Manager and Director of Planning at Northstar California in the mid-90s, and General Manager at Diamond Peak Ski Resort from 1990-94.
Pinkerton has been City Manager for the city of Davis, Calif., since Sept. 2011. He formerly served as City Manager for city of Manteca, Calif. (June 2008-Sept. 2011); Director of Redevelopment for the city of Stockton, Calif. (Oct. 1994-June 2008); Redevelopment Administrator for the city of Long Beach, Calif. (July 1991-Oct. 1994); and Economic Development Associate for the city of Redondo Beach, Calif. (April 1984-July 1991).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Truckee councilors expected to give cannabis recommendation
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas
- Massage techniques can alleviate swelling from lymphedema
- Lake Tahoe surgeon, Army veteran flies with U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (video)
- Fernley’s game-winning touchdown drive upends Truckee comeback
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse