IVGID GM search down to two finalists
Ryan Summerlin December 13, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Two candidates remain in the search for the new leader of the Incline Village General Improvement District.
On Tuesday, the IVGID board of trustees voted to bring Eric Severance and Steven Pinkerton back for more interviews and site tours.
Trustees ranked the original six candidates — Severance, Pinkerton, Keven Burnett, Tom Masterson, Rosemary Menard and Kirk Wooldridge — based on their performance during all-day interviews at The Chateau on Dec. 2.
Trustees Jim Smith, Jim Hammerel, Bill Devine and Bruce Simonian each had Pinkerton and Severance in his top two. Trustee Joe Wolfe had Severance at No. 2, while Pinkerton was last. He ranked Burnett as his No. 1 choice.
“I felt (Burnett) displayed a gung-ho type of leadership, a go get ‘em attitude,” Wolfe said. “With (Pinkerton), I felt there was a lot of flash … I had a feeling of a used car salesman, he was slick.”
Simonian, meanwhile, said he was unimpressed with Burnett.
“I found him to be a poor public speaker, he wasn’t succinct, he wasn’t prepared, he did fairly poor (on Dec. 2),” Simonian said.
District staff will continue working with Sacramento-based Peckham & McKenney Executive Search and Consulting to develop an agenda for future interviews with Severance and Pinkerton. Details will be published as they become available.
Severance, an Incline resident, has been a managing partner with Fairview Partners, an Incline-based investment company, since 2010. He’s also managed a hedge fund and been an executive with various companies over the past 15 years, and has ski resort ties as General Manager and Director of Planning at Northstar California in the mid-90s, and General Manager at Diamond Peak Ski Resort from 1990-94.
Pinkerton has been City Manager for the city of Davis, Calif., since Sept. 2011. He formerly served as City Manager for city of Manteca, Calif. (June 2008-Sept. 2011); Director of Redevelopment for the city of Stockton, Calif. (Oct. 1994-June 2008); Redevelopment Administrator for the city of Long Beach, Calif. (July 1991-Oct. 1994); and Economic Development Associate for the city of Redondo Beach, Calif. (April 1984-July 1991).
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: Carbon monoxide safety key as fall approaches
- Incline High School Homecoming Week: Parade is Friday
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer