IVGID tip of the week: Learn about what your elected officials are doing
May 23, 2013
EDITOR'S NOTE: "Tip of the week" is a periodic feature running in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza, in partnership with the Incline Village General Improvement District, providing locals with various tips pertaining to the recreation opportunities and other services the district provides.
Have you ever wondered how you can learn more about what your elected officials (the IVGID Board of Trustees) are taking action upon on your behalf?
Or perhaps you have just been curious about what's going on because you are hearing things from your friends and you don't know where to go for factual information.
This is where the tip of the week comes in — just take a moment to send an email to TOTW415@ivgid.org and include in the subject line "Yes, please send me the agenda!" and then before each IVGID Board of Trustees meeting — which occur typically on the second and last Wednesday of each month — you will receive the agenda.
Then if an item on the agenda sparks further curiosity, you can visit ivgid.org and then click on "News and Events" and then "Agendas and Packets" and you can go to the specific packet and view the documents associated with your item of interest. It is simple, fast, and informative. IVGID doesn't sell, share or otherwise use your email address for anything other than what you request so you can rest assured that your information is safe with IVGID.
So satisfy your curiosity, get the facts, and have fun learning a little bit more about your beloved community.
This article was submitted to the Bonanza by the Incline Village General Improvement District.
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie