IVGID Tip: Tennis a great activity to stay active this fall
Ryan Summerlin September 25, 2013
EDITOR’S NOTE: “Tip of the week” is a periodic feature running in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza, in partnership with the Incline Village General Improvement District, providing locals with various tips pertaining to the recreation opportunities and services the district provides.
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — There are numerous ways to stay active during the fall months, such as hiking, biking and running. But there is also a fun, extremely beneficial activity here in Incline that can help keep folks moving and active through October: tennis.
Not only is tennis a great cardiovascular activity, it is also an excellent way to improve hand/eye coordination, balance and agility, serves as a great stress reliever, and it’s just good old fashioned fun.
The Incline Village Tennis Center is offering 50 percent off court fees for the remainder of the season, so this is the perfect time to get out and enjoy the game. If you are new to the sport or have been interested in learning, lessons are available and the staff would love to introduce you.
The pro shop also features daily specials on merchandise in case you need to upgrade your equipment.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Tahoe alpinists look to conquer world’s 6th-tallest mountain in less than 7 days
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- Farmer releases reference book for Tahoe-Truckee gardening
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Amid housing crisis, North Tahoe-Truckee real estate sales thrive
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- Opinion: Placer County shows lack of commitment to Lake Tahoe