IVGID Tip: Tennis a great activity to stay active this fall
September 25, 2013
EDITOR’S NOTE: “Tip of the week” is a periodic feature running in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza, in partnership with the Incline Village General Improvement District, providing locals with various tips pertaining to the recreation opportunities and services the district provides.
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — There are numerous ways to stay active during the fall months, such as hiking, biking and running. But there is also a fun, extremely beneficial activity here in Incline that can help keep folks moving and active through October: tennis.
Not only is tennis a great cardiovascular activity, it is also an excellent way to improve hand/eye coordination, balance and agility, serves as a great stress reliever, and it’s just good old fashioned fun.
The Incline Village Tennis Center is offering 50 percent off court fees for the remainder of the season, so this is the perfect time to get out and enjoy the game. If you are new to the sport or have been interested in learning, lessons are available and the staff would love to introduce you.
The pro shop also features daily specials on merchandise in case you need to upgrade your equipment.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway