Lahontan Community Foundation gifts $110,000
April 23, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Lahontan Community Foundation recently announced the outcome of their 2013 grant cycle, resulting in grants totaling $110,000 to 17 local organizations. Working within the Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation, Lahontan Community Foundation selects nonprofit organizations that offer educational, cultural, and environmental initiatives in the community to fund.
Lahontan community is a private community located on the southwest side of Highway 267 in the Martis Valley. The Lahontan Grants Committee is made up of seven Lahontan Community Foundation board members and Lahontan community residents. Since 2002, the foundation has raised more than $1 million. Those awarded in the past include various community service groups and their Employee Tuition Reimbursement programs.
Among those awarded in the 2013 grant cycle are:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County, Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe, Disabled Sports USA Far West, Family Resource Center of Truckee, Humane Society of Truckee, Incline Elementary School Parent Teacher Association, North Lake Tahoe Historical Society, Project MANA, Sierra Senior Services, Tahoe Fund, Tahoe SAFE Alliance, Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation, Tempo, Truckee Charter School Foundation, Truckee Day, Truckee Donner Land Trust, and the Truckee River Watershed Council.
Trending In: Local
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Practice these winter safety tips
- Tahoe Standing Rock supporters celebrate Dakota Access Pipeline decision
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee