Lake Tahoe resort to offer free ski, snowboard lessons
Ryan Summerlin November 18, 2013
HOMEWOOD Calif. — Homewood Mountain Resort will offer free lessons for intermediate and advanced skiers and snowboarders, officials announced this week.
According to a release from the West Shore resort, complimentary lessons for the 2013-14 season include a mountain tour.
Instruction will focus on techniques designed to help experienced skiers/riders get the most out of their equipment while staying in control in all conditions — from powder to trees to steeps to variable snow.
“There is always something new to learn when it comes to skiing and snowboarding, and there is no better way to improve, at any level, than with a professional instructor providing guidance,” Homewood’s Snowsports Director Bryan Schilling said in a statement.
Schilling is a member of the prestigious Professional Ski Instructors of America Western Demo Team as well as the chair of the PSIA-W/AASI Education Foundation.
Free lessons will be offered Sunday through Friday, on non-peak dates throughout the season.
Full details on free lessons can be found here.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- 3 adults rescued from Lake Tahoe after boat takes on water
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000