Lake Tahoe resort to offer free ski, snowboard lessons
November 18, 2013
HOMEWOOD Calif. — Homewood Mountain Resort will offer free lessons for intermediate and advanced skiers and snowboarders, officials announced this week.
According to a release from the West Shore resort, complimentary lessons for the 2013-14 season include a mountain tour.
Instruction will focus on techniques designed to help experienced skiers/riders get the most out of their equipment while staying in control in all conditions — from powder to trees to steeps to variable snow.
“There is always something new to learn when it comes to skiing and snowboarding, and there is no better way to improve, at any level, than with a professional instructor providing guidance,” Homewood’s Snowsports Director Bryan Schilling said in a statement.
Schilling is a member of the prestigious Professional Ski Instructors of America Western Demo Team as well as the chair of the PSIA-W/AASI Education Foundation.
Free lessons will be offered Sunday through Friday, on non-peak dates throughout the season.
Full details on free lessons can be found here.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Cool cowboy: Longtime Tahoe trash service provider to retire soon
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports