Lake Tahoe resort to offer free ski, snowboard lessons
November 18, 2013
HOMEWOOD Calif. — Homewood Mountain Resort will offer free lessons for intermediate and advanced skiers and snowboarders, officials announced this week.
According to a release from the West Shore resort, complimentary lessons for the 2013-14 season include a mountain tour.
Instruction will focus on techniques designed to help experienced skiers/riders get the most out of their equipment while staying in control in all conditions — from powder to trees to steeps to variable snow.
"There is always something new to learn when it comes to skiing and snowboarding, and there is no better way to improve, at any level, than with a professional instructor providing guidance," Homewood's Snowsports Director Bryan Schilling said in a statement.
Schilling is a member of the prestigious Professional Ski Instructors of America Western Demo Team as well as the chair of the PSIA-W/AASI Education Foundation.
Free lessons will be offered Sunday through Friday, on non-peak dates throughout the season.
Full details on free lessons can be found here.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- Truckee joins North Tahoe, Incline with CERT volunteer groups
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues