Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible by Wednesday night
November 20, 2013
LAKE TAHOE — As much as 1 foot of snow is possible in higher-elevation areas around Truckee/Tahoe by Wednesday evening, according to the National Weather Service in Reno.
A winter weather advisory will be in effect from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday. Six to 12 inches of snow is possible above 7,000 feet, with up to four inches likely at lake level.
Snow levels will begin up high before falling below 7,000 feet during the late evening Wednesday, according to NWS.
Snow tire and chain restrictions are likely along most Sierra highways, including Interstate 80, U.S. Highway 50 and state routes 431, 267, 89 and 28.
For a guide to safe driving during wintry conditions, click here.
Trending In: Local
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Practice these winter safety tips
- Tahoe Standing Rock supporters celebrate Dakota Access Pipeline decision
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee