Local educator tapped for ‘Google Certified Teacher’ program
July 15, 2014
Google has selected Mary Berelson to attend the Google Teacher Academy, to be held in Mountain View, Calif., July 30-31.
The Google Teacher Academy is a two-day intensive program that recognizes educators who are doing innovative and exciting things in their classrooms with technology. Berelson, a long-time teacher at Glenshire Elementary School, was honored to be selected and represent the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District.
Sixty participants will get hands-on experience with Google’s products and technologies, learn about innovative instructional strategies and receive resources to share with colleagues. Upon completion, Academy participants become Google Certified Teachers who share what they learn with other educators.
Google Certified Teachers are exceptional educators with a passion for using innovative tools to improve teaching and learning, as well as creative leaders and ambassadors for change. They are recognized experts and widely admired for their commitment to high expectations for students, lifelong learning and collaboration.
Berelson was selected through a worldwide application process in which they also submitted a video. Here is a link to Berelson’s video, which features her kindergarten students: http://goo.gl/ad7uEz.
The Google Certified Teacher program was launched in 2006 with the first Academy held at Google headquarters in Mountain View. The program has since held academies across the U.S., Australia and U.K., expanding the ranks of Google Certified Teachers to more than 800 educators worldwide. The Google Teacher Academy is produced by Google, in collaboration with Computer-Using Educators (CUE, Inc), an educational nonprofit organization.
Submitted by Switchback PR + Marketing on behalf of Tahoe Truckee Unified School District.
Trending In: Local
- Opinion: Keeping Squaw ‘true’ may doom Squaw to failure
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- What Reno airport’s recent growth means for North Tahoe-Truckee