Missing Truckee man, 32, found dead at Sierra reservoir
August 12, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A missing Truckee man has been found dead at a Sierra Nevada reservoir.
Police say the body of 32-year-old Nathen Johnson was found Friday near his boat in Stampede Reservoir.
He was reported missing Tuesday and his last known cellphone activity led police to the Truckee-area lake.
Investigators say while the cause of death is under investigation, they do not suspect foul play at this time.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Angora Fire reinforced importance of fuels reduction in Tahoe Basin
- Lake Tahoe pro skier sells creative, fresh-fruit popsicles (on a bike)
- Truckee Artist Lofts experience setback
- Parasol’s building proposal gets no quick answer in Incline Village
- Truckee woman, 33, rescued after rock-climbing fall at Donner Summit
- Bark beetle infestation continues to threaten Tahoe-Truckee forests
- Shortage of construction workers in Nevada County reaching critical levels
- Incline Flume Trail received $130K grant for improvements, and is now open to the public
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Tahoe City company brings gourmet dining to the wilderness