Missing Truckee man, 32, found dead at Sierra reservoir
Ryan Summerlin August 12, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A missing Truckee man has been found dead at a Sierra Nevada reservoir.
Police say the body of 32-year-old Nathen Johnson was found Friday near his boat in Stampede Reservoir.
He was reported missing Tuesday and his last known cellphone activity led police to the Truckee-area lake.
Investigators say while the cause of death is under investigation, they do not suspect foul play at this time.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- 3 adults rescued from Lake Tahoe after boat takes on water
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer