Missing Truckee man, 32, found dead at Sierra reservoir
August 12, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A missing Truckee man has been found dead at a Sierra Nevada reservoir.
Police say the body of 32-year-old Nathen Johnson was found Friday near his boat in Stampede Reservoir.
He was reported missing Tuesday and his last known cellphone activity led police to the Truckee-area lake.
Investigators say while the cause of death is under investigation, they do not suspect foul play at this time.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Officials: Without Measure M, transit remains priority for North Tahoe
- Family of drowned CA deputy sues Tahoe company for negligence
- Tahoe for Standing Rock: Groups speak out against Dakota Access Pipeline
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Reno real estate: A look back, and a look ahead at the housing market
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain