Missing Truckee man, 32, found dead at Sierra reservoir
August 12, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A missing Truckee man has been found dead at a Sierra Nevada reservoir.
Police say the body of 32-year-old Nathen Johnson was found Friday near his boat in Stampede Reservoir.
He was reported missing Tuesday and his last known cellphone activity led police to the Truckee-area lake.
Investigators say while the cause of death is under investigation, they do not suspect foul play at this time.
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie