Moe’s Original Bar B Que lands lakeside in Tahoe City
June 7, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Tahoe City is set to take the plunge with a new lake front restaurant addition.
Located in a new, two-story building at the Grove Street Pier in Tahoe City, Moe's Original Bar B Que is scheduled to open by mid-June.
Josh Wallick, Eric Pilcher and Luke Dannals partnered after finding the perfect location for what they call a "soul food revival." The "boys" like to call it a "friendchise" — it's mostly friends and family. Moe's has restaurants in Alabama, Colorado, North Carolina, Tennessee and Maine.
Working practically 24/7 to get the building restaurant-ready, these hands-on guys built their own tables for a totally "Tahoe" ambiance. All three have extensive restaurant and food and beverage experience: Eric and Josh worked side-by-side at Moe's in Vail, Colo. and Luke worked as a beverage captain at the Marriott in Vail, a four diamond resort.
Their philosophy is to provide an affordable meal in a relaxed atmosphere — like being at a friend's for dinner.
Moe's is steeped in the tradition of sizzlin' Southern soul food, such as smoked meats with Moe's secret "rub" and slow smoke process.
Recommended Stories For You
Fried, sustainably harvested, freshwater catfish are a specialty, along with a fried gulf shrimp Moe-boy and blackened seasonal fish.
Alabama barbecued chicken and turkey, chicken wings and tofu are served with a signature white barbecue sauce. When winter rolls around, warm up with crab or shrimp bisque, sweet potato soup and a variety of chili.
Banana pudding, Mississippi mud pie and "scotcheroos" (Rice Crispie treats with caramel and chocolate coating) will top things off.
Craft beers and a hand-selected wine list should keep the bar lively and diners satisfied.
Reserve the upstairs dining room for private parties and one-stop-shop weddings on a budget or order out for off-site catering. The restaurant will offer boat picnic coolers — a recyclable container already packed full of goodies.
Moe's original Bar B Que is located at 120 Grove St., Tahoe City, by the bike path with views of Lake Tahoe.
Call 530-583-4BBQ for reservations or information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Truckee councilors expected to give cannabis recommendation
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas
- Massage techniques can alleviate swelling from lymphedema
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Two bear cubs die from virus at Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- Fernley’s game-winning touchdown drive upends Truckee comeback