Moe’s Original Bar B Que lands lakeside in Tahoe City
Ryan Summerlin June 7, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Tahoe City is set to take the plunge with a new lake front restaurant addition.
Located in a new, two-story building at the Grove Street Pier in Tahoe City, Moe’s Original Bar B Que is scheduled to open by mid-June.
Josh Wallick, Eric Pilcher and Luke Dannals partnered after finding the perfect location for what they call a “soul food revival.” The “boys” like to call it a “friendchise” — it’s mostly friends and family. Moe’s has restaurants in Alabama, Colorado, North Carolina, Tennessee and Maine.
Working practically 24/7 to get the building restaurant-ready, these hands-on guys built their own tables for a totally “Tahoe” ambiance. All three have extensive restaurant and food and beverage experience: Eric and Josh worked side-by-side at Moe’s in Vail, Colo. and Luke worked as a beverage captain at the Marriott in Vail, a four diamond resort.
Their philosophy is to provide an affordable meal in a relaxed atmosphere — like being at a friend’s for dinner.
Moe’s is steeped in the tradition of sizzlin’ Southern soul food, such as smoked meats with Moe’s secret “rub” and slow smoke process.
Fried, sustainably harvested, freshwater catfish are a specialty, along with a fried gulf shrimp Moe-boy and blackened seasonal fish.
Alabama barbecued chicken and turkey, chicken wings and tofu are served with a signature white barbecue sauce. When winter rolls around, warm up with crab or shrimp bisque, sweet potato soup and a variety of chili.
Banana pudding, Mississippi mud pie and “scotcheroos” (Rice Crispie treats with caramel and chocolate coating) will top things off.
Craft beers and a hand-selected wine list should keep the bar lively and diners satisfied.
Reserve the upstairs dining room for private parties and one-stop-shop weddings on a budget or order out for off-site catering. The restaurant will offer boat picnic coolers — a recyclable container already packed full of goodies.
Moe’s original Bar B Que is located at 120 Grove St., Tahoe City, by the bike path with views of Lake Tahoe.
Call 530-583-4BBQ for reservations or information.
Trending In: Local
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- 3 adults rescued from Lake Tahoe after boat takes on water
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- LIVE COVERAGE: Truckee football takes on Elko in undefeated showdown
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000