No one hurt after fire consumes North Tahoe home
June 28, 2013
TAHOE VISTA, Calif. — No one was hurt after a fire engulfed a home Friday afternoon on Lake Tahoe's North Shore.
Crews with the North Tahoe Fire Protection District responded at about 3:30 p.m. to the fire in a single-residence cabin on the 300 block of Agatam Avenue in Tahoe Vista, said NTFPD spokesman Dave Zaski.
Personnel with North Tahoe Fire and Calfire put out the fully involved blaze within five minutes, Zaski said. No one was hurt, and surrounding wildland and structures were never threatened.
The home sustained major damage, Zaski said. The fire's cause is under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Truckee joins North Tahoe, Incline with CERT volunteer groups
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered