No one hurt in Truckee house fire Wednesday
October 2, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — No one was injured in a fire that broke out Wednesday morning at a Prosser Lakeview home, an official said.
At about 12:20 p.m., crews were still checking for embers after knocking down the fire at 12785 Greenwood Drive in about an hour, said Paul Spencer, spokesman for the Truckee Fire Protection District.
TFPD was dispatched to the house at about 10:21 a.m. Crews with Calfire and the Squaw Valley and Northstar fire departments also responded.
Damage to the structure is "extensive," said Spencer.
Greenwood Drive was closed while crews extinguished the fire, the cause of which is under investigation.
The Sierra Sun will keep readers updated on the situation as more information becomes available.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues