No one hurt in Truckee house fire Wednesday
October 2, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — No one was injured in a fire that broke out Wednesday morning at a Prosser Lakeview home, an official said.
At about 12:20 p.m., crews were still checking for embers after knocking down the fire at 12785 Greenwood Drive in about an hour, said Paul Spencer, spokesman for the Truckee Fire Protection District.
TFPD was dispatched to the house at about 10:21 a.m. Crews with Calfire and the Squaw Valley and Northstar fire departments also responded.
Damage to the structure is “extensive,” said Spencer.
Greenwood Drive was closed while crews extinguished the fire, the cause of which is under investigation.
The Sierra Sun will keep readers updated on the situation as more information becomes available.
Trending In: Local
- Cool cowboy: Longtime Tahoe trash service provider to retire soon
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)