No one hurt in Truckee house fire Wednesday
Ryan Summerlin October 2, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — No one was injured in a fire that broke out Wednesday morning at a Prosser Lakeview home, an official said.
At about 12:20 p.m., crews were still checking for embers after knocking down the fire at 12785 Greenwood Drive in about an hour, said Paul Spencer, spokesman for the Truckee Fire Protection District.
TFPD was dispatched to the house at about 10:21 a.m. Crews with Calfire and the Squaw Valley and Northstar fire departments also responded.
Damage to the structure is “extensive,” said Spencer.
Greenwood Drive was closed while crews extinguished the fire, the cause of which is under investigation.
The Sierra Sun will keep readers updated on the situation as more information becomes available.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe alpinists look to conquer world’s 6th-tallest mountain in less than 7 days
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Farmer releases reference book for Tahoe-Truckee gardening
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- North Lake Tahoe Fire appoints Ryan Sommers as permanent chief