North Tahoe crime logs, July 15-31
Ryan Summerlin September 5, 2013
Below are select incidents from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office press log for July 15-31.
• At 11:30 a.m. on the 1100 Block of Snow Crest Road in Tahoe City, officers took a report of fraudulent charges of $200. Sometime in April, an unknown suspect open an account in victim’s name and made the charges.
• At 4 p.m. on the 1800 Block of West Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, a male subject was issued a promise to appear on outstanding Placer County warrant.
• At 5:30 p.m. on the 2000 Block of River Road in Olympic Valley, an unknown suspect(s) used victim’s deck and barbecue while victim was out of town.
• At 7 p.m. on Highway 267 in Kings Beach, a female suspect was arrested for threats and assault with a deadly weapon after confronting a male passerby with a knife. The female was also charged with possession of marijuana for sales.
• At 10:45 a.m. on the 500 Block of Village Road in Tahoe City, two arrests were made during a probation search. One female was charged with possession of a controlled substance and one male was arrested for a felony warrant, possession and transportation of a controlled substance for sale, and violation of probation.
• At 2 p.m. on the 4000 Block of Ferguson Avenue in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect stole two paddleboard paddles from the residence back in early July.
• At 10:30 a.m. on the 300 Block of Kimberly Dive in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s bike from her residence.
• At 11:15 a.m. on the 7500 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, an unknown suspect keyed a victim’s vehicle.
• At 2:30 a.m. on Highway 28 at Old County Road in Tahoe City, a female suspect was turned over to California Highway Patrol for suspected DUI.
• At 7 a.m. on the 8700 Block of Cutthroat Avenue in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole $7 in flags from victim’s residence sometime in the past two weeks.
• At 7 p.m. on the 1400 Block of Chateau in Olympic Valley, a female threw a cellphone at her husband, causing injury to his head. The female was arrested for domestic violence.
• At 9:30 a.m. on the 6000 Block of McKinney Creek Road in Homewood, an unknown suspect stole $400 worth of tools from a job site.
• At 6 p.m. on Chipmunk Street, Fox Street, Trout Avenue and Rainbow Avenue in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect spray painted graffiti on several buildings over the past three weeks.
• At 9 p.m. in Kings Beach, a male subject was driving his vehicle under the influence of alcohol when he crashed into a tree on victim’s property and fled the scene. The victim followed the suspect and a fight ensued. The suspect then threw a rock and hit victim in the head, causing injuries. The suspect was arrested on all charges, including violation of probation.
• At 1:30 a.m. on the 1000 Block of Commonwealth Drive in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect shot a firearm into a residence; no one was injured.
• At 11 a.m. on the 1900 Block of Squaw Valley Road in Olympic Valley, sometime overnight, an unknown suspect stole a box of merchandise containing $4,000 worth of items.
• Sometime overnight, an unknown suspect stole a $2,000 bicycle from the same location.
• Sometime overnight, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s backpack.
• On the 600 Block of Ward Creek Boulevard in Tahoe City, sometime overnight, an unknown suspect stole victim’s bicycle.
• At 12:30 p.m. on the 4000 Block of Grimsel Pass in Homewood, an unknown suspect removed victim’s paddle boat from the beach.
• At 2:00 p.m. on the 8600 Block of Brook Avenue in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect broke out two windows into residence and stole two garbage cans.
• On the 1500 Block of Washoe Way in Tahoe City, an incident report was taken for outgoing neighbor dispute that occurred on July 7.
• At 9 p.m. on the 100 Block of River Road in Tahoe City, a male subject took the trolley from South Lake Tahoe earlier in the day, got so intoxicated that he couldn’t remember where he was. He called 911 and asked for help. Deputies took him into protective custody for extreme drunkenness.
• At 3 p.m. on the 800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, a male subject was arrested for public intoxication after getting a report he was harassing customers at a local business.
• At 4 p.m. on the 200 Block of Chipmunk Street, unknown suspect(s), broke into residence and made themselves at home for an extended period of time.
• At 12:30 a.m. on the 1900 Block of Block of Squaw Valley Road in Olympic Valley, a male subject was arrested for an outstanding warrant and public intoxication.
• At 3 p.m. on the 200 Block of Squaw Peak Way in Olympic Valley, an unknown suspect stole victim’s unlocked bicycle from behind a business overnight.
• At 10 a.m. on the 200 Block of Chipmunk Street in Kings Beach, a male and a female were arrested on drug charges during a probation search.
• At 3:30 p.m. on the 4900 Block of West Lake Boulevard in Homewood, a female subject reportedly hit several vehicles while driving intoxicated. She was located and continued driving at a low rate of speed through a road construction zone. Once she yielded, the California Highway Patrol placed the suspect under arrest for multiple counts of hit and run and DUI. Placer County Sheriff’s Office added a felony evading charge.
• At 5:30 p.m. on the 4500 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Carnelian Bay, a female suspect was turned over to California Highway Patrol for Suspected DUI.
• At 3:15 a.m. on Highway 28 at Grove Street in Tahoe City, a male subject was attempting to perform traffic control at 3 a.m. in the middle of the road when Placer County took him into protective custody for public intoxication.
• At 3:30 a.m. on the 8000 Block of Dolly Varden Avenue in Kings Beach, a male subject was taken into protective custody for drunk in public.
• At 11:57 p.m. on Deer Street at Rainbow Avenue in Kings Beach, a female subject was pulled over for having no tail lights and she was subsequently turned over to California Highway Patrol for suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
• At 9 a.m. on the 5000 Block of Dodowah Road in Carnelian Bay, an unknown suspect dumped marijuana clippings into the reporting party’s garbage. The clipping were collected and booked for destruction.
• At 9:30 p.m. on the 13000 Block of Ritz Carlton in Truckee, victim reported that cash was missing from his hotel room safe.
• At 7:30 p.m. on the 6000 Block of Wildwood in Tahoe Vista Road, a father and adult son engaged in a physical fight. The father punched the intoxicated son in the face. The son was taken into protective custody for public intoxication and wants to press charges against his father for battery.
• At 12 a.m. on the 7800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, a male subject was arrested for public intoxication.
• At 11:15 a.m. on the 8400 Block of Rainbow Avenue in Kings Beach, during a probation search, the subject was found to be in possession of a controlled substance and was arrested.
• Sometime in past two days on the 8600 Block of Cutthroat in Kings Beach Avenue, an unknown suspect removed victim’s court ordered locking ignition device valued at $1,500.
Trending In: Local
- North Lake Tahoe Fire appoints Ryan Sommers as permanent chief
- Farmer releases reference book for Tahoe-Truckee gardening
- Tahoe alpinists look to conquer world’s 6th-tallest mountain in less than 7 days
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: It’s important to prepare a household inventory
- Incline Village community briefs: Week of Sept. 28, 2016