North Tahoe detectives investigating shooting into condo
August 2, 2013
TAHOE VISTA, Calif. — The Placer County Sheriff's Office is investigating an incident involving a gun being fired into a North Lake Tahoe home.
At about midnight on July 19, a shot was fired into the occupied condominium near the intersection of Highway 267 and Cambridge Drive in Tahoe Vista, according to the sheriff's office.
"The condo does not appear to have been specifically targeted, as the occupants had just arrived there for vacation," officials said.
The suspects may have been driving on Highway 267 and shooting from a vehicle, according to PCSO, as witnesses reported hearing successive shots along the highway.
Anyone with information should contact Det. John Lasagna at 530-581-6323.
Those wishing to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000 for information leading to an arrest may call Placer County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-923-8191.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Public input sought on draft Truckee River Recreational Access Plan
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest