Northstar Calfornia’s Earthly Delights boosts online presence
March 21, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee's best-kept gourmet secret is boosting its online presence and social media outreach, beginning with the launch of EarthlyDelightsTahoe.com, designed to make mouths water and palates curious.
Earthly Delights, an unassuming staple in the Truckee-Tahoe foodie scene, has been serving locals and travelers since 1997. The bakery-deli moved from its West River Street location in downtown Truckee to the Village at Northstar seven years ago. All the while, owners Kelly Bailey and Laura Sweeney have been creating to-die for dishes.
Their menu satisfies skiers and mountain bikers looking for a grab-and-go sandwich (think turkey bacon, lettuce and tomato or portabella mushroom and goat cheese) as well as homeowners and vacation renters looking for an easy take-and-bake dinner. Favorites include polenta pizza, a variety of macaroni and cheese options, enchiladas, and lasagna. Catering and take-out platters are available for any event, be it breakfast, dinner or dessert.
The everyday menu also offers an array of vegetarian and gluten-free dishes. All Asian sauces are made with gluten-free tamari sauce. Signature salads and dishes include Asian noodle, grilled flank steak, and pesto gorgonzola pasta.
Earthly Delights also has a gourmet grocery section and serves as the go-to market for guests staying at the Northstar California Resort condos and at the Ritz-Carlton. Bailey and Sweeney also personally select libations for their wine bar and offer wine by the glass daily. Spirits are available for purchase in both the gourmet and convenience grocery sections.
For more information about Earthly Delights, or to place an order of any size, go to EarthlyDelightsTahoe.com or call 530-587-7793. Twitter and Facebook followers can receive menu updates and information about specials.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Follow these tips to know if the ice is safe
- Still no cause of Homewood ski resort, Tahoe City Henrikson fires
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Crews to cut power for hour at Martis Camp, Schaffer’s Mill, other locations due to dangerous tree
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week