Northstar Calfornia’s Earthly Delights boosts online presence
March 21, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee’s best-kept gourmet secret is boosting its online presence and social media outreach, beginning with the launch of EarthlyDelightsTahoe.com, designed to make mouths water and palates curious.
Earthly Delights, an unassuming staple in the Truckee-Tahoe foodie scene, has been serving locals and travelers since 1997. The bakery-deli moved from its West River Street location in downtown Truckee to the Village at Northstar seven years ago. All the while, owners Kelly Bailey and Laura Sweeney have been creating to-die for dishes.
Their menu satisfies skiers and mountain bikers looking for a grab-and-go sandwich (think turkey bacon, lettuce and tomato or portabella mushroom and goat cheese) as well as homeowners and vacation renters looking for an easy take-and-bake dinner. Favorites include polenta pizza, a variety of macaroni and cheese options, enchiladas, and lasagna. Catering and take-out platters are available for any event, be it breakfast, dinner or dessert.
The everyday menu also offers an array of vegetarian and gluten-free dishes. All Asian sauces are made with gluten-free tamari sauce. Signature salads and dishes include Asian noodle, grilled flank steak, and pesto gorgonzola pasta.
Earthly Delights also has a gourmet grocery section and serves as the go-to market for guests staying at the Northstar California Resort condos and at the Ritz-Carlton. Bailey and Sweeney also personally select libations for their wine bar and offer wine by the glass daily. Spirits are available for purchase in both the gourmet and convenience grocery sections.
For more information about Earthly Delights, or to place an order of any size, go to EarthlyDelightsTahoe.com or call 530-587-7793. Twitter and Facebook followers can receive menu updates and information about specials.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Cool cowboy: Longtime Tahoe trash service provider to retire soon
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports