Officials investigate Saturday death at Lake Tahoe
August 7, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. —Officials are investigating the circumstances surrounding the apparent drowning death of a man Saturday off Lake Tahoe's East Shore.
According to the Washoe County Sheriff's Office, an unresponsive male was seen in the water off the beach at Sand Harbor State Park at about 12:15 p.m.
Officials with WCSO and the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District responded. The man was transported to an Incline Village hospital, where he was declared deceased.
The death is not considered suspicious, officials said. Cause of death will be determined by the Washoe County Medical Examiner's Office.
The man's name has yet to be released, pending next-of-kin notification.
Sand Harbor is located a few miles east of Incline Village.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues