Officials investigate Saturday death at Lake Tahoe
August 7, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. —Officials are investigating the circumstances surrounding the apparent drowning death of a man Saturday off Lake Tahoe's East Shore.
According to the Washoe County Sheriff's Office, an unresponsive male was seen in the water off the beach at Sand Harbor State Park at about 12:15 p.m.
Officials with WCSO and the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District responded. The man was transported to an Incline Village hospital, where he was declared deceased.
The death is not considered suspicious, officials said. Cause of death will be determined by the Washoe County Medical Examiner's Office.
The man's name has yet to be released, pending next-of-kin notification.
Sand Harbor is located a few miles east of Incline Village.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Truckee joins North Tahoe, Incline with CERT volunteer groups
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Explore Tahoe: Shake up party plans, drink some wine and try your hand at painting