Officials investigate Saturday death at Lake Tahoe
August 7, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. —Officials are investigating the circumstances surrounding the apparent drowning death of a man Saturday off Lake Tahoe’s East Shore.
According to the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office, an unresponsive male was seen in the water off the beach at Sand Harbor State Park at about 12:15 p.m.
Officials with WCSO and the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District responded. The man was transported to an Incline Village hospital, where he was declared deceased.
The death is not considered suspicious, officials said. Cause of death will be determined by the Washoe County Medical Examiner’s Office.
The man’s name has yet to be released, pending next-of-kin notification.
Sand Harbor is located a few miles east of Incline Village.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe weather: ‘It’s going to be crazy’ this weekend as region digs out
- Tahoe-Truckee news briefs: Hundreds commit to Kings Beach women’s march
- Tahoe blizzard reveals opportunities for improvement in communication
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe blizzard – a commentary: Prosser residents embrace the challenge
- Lake Tahoe weather: Are you ready for round three of snow and wind?
- Tahoe City woman, 43, killed after tree crushes Subaru (updated)
- Trio of Tahoe-Truckee ski companies stomping their claim in the Sierra
- Tahoe power outages: Floriston, Tahoma areas back online (updated)
- Reno-Tahoe flooding, snow, road closures hinder transportation industry