Officials investigate Saturday death at Lake Tahoe
August 7, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. —Officials are investigating the circumstances surrounding the apparent drowning death of a man Saturday off Lake Tahoe's East Shore.
According to the Washoe County Sheriff's Office, an unresponsive male was seen in the water off the beach at Sand Harbor State Park at about 12:15 p.m.
Officials with WCSO and the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District responded. The man was transported to an Incline Village hospital, where he was declared deceased.
The death is not considered suspicious, officials said. Cause of death will be determined by the Washoe County Medical Examiner's Office.
The man's name has yet to be released, pending next-of-kin notification.
Sand Harbor is located a few miles east of Incline Village.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Truckee councilors expected to give cannabis recommendation
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas
- Massage techniques can alleviate swelling from lymphedema
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Two bear cubs die from virus at Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- Fernley’s game-winning touchdown drive upends Truckee comeback