One day visit to Tahoe Dental Artistry for crowns, veneers
August 14, 2014
At most dental offices on the first visit, patients typically receive an injection of anesthesia, have a tooth prepared, an impression taken and a temporary restoration put on the tooth.
The second appointment is generally made for a few weeks later. At that time, the patient will get another injection, have the temporary restoration removed, and have a permanent restoration placed.
Now with CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) technology it takes just one office visit to get a porcelain crown. CEREC allows Dr. Don Reid of Tahoe Dental Artistry to restore teeth with crowns, veneers, inlays and onlays with just one appointment. First, digital impressions are made of the teeth, using a special, highly precise camera. The CEREC machine then uses the digital image to design a custom restoration for the patient, matching the color precisely with the shade of the natural teeth. "The machine then fabricates the restoration while you rest comfortably. It is fast, accurate and painless," comments Reid.
This time saving, computer-aided process allows Dr. Reid to efficiently construct, produce, and place individual ceramic restorations directly at the point of treatment.
Within a short time, Reid can bond the new restoration to the tooth, and the dental work is completed. The result is a durable, natural-looking restoration that is cost effective, comfortable and beautiful. "We do away with the trouble of a making two trips with CEREC. One visit porcelain fillings, ceramic crowns, or veneers could end up being the appropriate choice for you," remarks Dr. Reid.
The patient will be in and out in a single visit with a permanent restoration. Reid states, "With CEREC, you will have fewer injections and less time taken from your busy schedule for dental appointments."
Visit http://tahoedentalartistry.com for more information. For dental care and treatment call 530-587-9560 to schedule an appointment. You will be on your way to an excellent smile.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Truckee joins North Tahoe, Incline with CERT volunteer groups
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Explore Tahoe: Shake up party plans, drink some wine and try your hand at painting